Albi blue damaged rebuild.

Hi all,

I got this car last friday and had allready located some bits by sat aft. A good friend of mine is parts manager at renault aswell so thats a big help.

Heres a few pics from when the car turned up

119-1.jpg

124.jpg

117-1.jpg

It was a shame the car had been partly stripped before i got it, (obviously for the insurance asessor to inspect) so on to the ramp it went for a closer look at the damage.
I managed to get a complete secondhand front suspension corner. I would of loved to put new on but all the bits came from a very good condition car so seamed a no brainer to be honest.

So off with the old

133-1.jpg

Decided to swap the subframe at the same time , it was an easy job so seamed silly not to just incase it had taken a bit of damage allthough we couldnt see any.
Decided to have the bits powder coated before i fitted them. for some reason all the front crosmembers that holds the rads seam to of been starting to rust so all this should last miles longer now .

147.jpg

146.jpg

153.jpg

On with the new

149-1.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

Ive been in this morning to finish some bits off then decided to have a go at the calipers.
They had been brush painted red, so wernt up to the standard id like so got some paintstripper on them and luckyly all it removed was the red and left the silver underneath still with the brembo sticker on lol.
Next job is to get the pins out so i can paint them but my good there well and truly stuck in (anyone any tips) ive got them soaking now in some freeing oil.

161.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

So thats where im up to, its been a busy week.

Next job is to give the inner wing a pull then align the new wing etc, im just struggling to find a bumper and headlamp but may splash out on new if nothing turns up.

Thanks for looking Rick

Last edited:
Looking good Rick, the cars gonna be as good as new judging by your hard work.

The Brembo pins are notorious for being a b#tch to remove and more often than not they bend whilst trying to knock them out.

There is a guy on here that sells a better version then the Brembo ones. Have a look here: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10578

looking forward to seeing the rest of the build

Nice project you gave there, and as said above the pins will more than likely bend I had to cut mine in half and then they are a pig to get out, I've got the new design pins and to be honest they are ten times better than the Renault design

Looking good, I like the powder coated parts, good idea. Good luck with the rest of it.

Thanks gents.

Thanks for the link to the pins, il get some sorted.

The powder coating seamed like a good idea, i no most of it will be coverd up but all the front crossmembers were starting to rust so aswell as it looking good it should last years longer.

The car was on ebay at a salvage company, i ended up buying it blind with only a good description from the salvage company. To be honest most damaged cars arnt worth the money by the time theve been repaird but im on a budget, and as its what i do for a living and trying to sorce some good quality secondhand bits so wa the only way to go.

Rick

Last edited:
Nice one mate will look forward to seeing the beast bought back to life:jase:

Damage looks minor, I'm surprised that was a write off 2BH.

Always happy to see an RS Clio being saved from the scrap yard, just like the 172 ph1 these cars will one day start getting rare from neglect, we need to keep as many as we can alive :smile:

Caliper now had new seals etc and a fresh coat of colour. Il get pics up later but decided on red in the end.

Got the front end pulled but need a bumper and headlamp to check alignment then its ready for prep and paint.

Im in desparate need of a bumper and headlight now so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much apreciated.

thanks rick

Car looks well, and your pretty local. Make sure you make it on to some Yorkshire runs once its done.

From the pics it doesn't look too bent from the accident. It must be dead handy having all the tools/space and knowhow to do this kind of stuff, my car wouldn't even slightly resemble what it looks like now if I had access to that kind of equipment lol!

To be honest its not bad at all, the reason it was obviously writen off is just down to cost of bits. Theres over £500 in a headlight, same in a bumper etc etc

yes mate not far from you, il definitly be on some runs when its done. Im desparate for another track day aswell.

Rick

To be honest its not bad at all, the reason it was obviously writen off is just down to cost of bits. Theres over £500 in a headlight, same in a bumper etc etc

yes mate not far from you, il definitly be on some runs when its done. Im desparate for another track day aswell.

Rick

Yeah, theres a fair few active track members on here though so I'm sure you'll be on one in no time.

They really do come alive on track, every time I've been on I realise how little of its potential I use on the road.

just realised your from wakefield! knew id heard of jessops repair centre! see you around when its on the road!

Just round the corner from myself too. (About 3 mile)

Danny, this may sound daft. But is your last name furness?

You parked next to me the other day in Asda.
You'll know my brother more so than me. (Nathan halpin)
Last time I saw you where but a nipper and your brother played for durkar devils. (WOW that is a long time ago)

James

You parked next to me the other day in Asda.
You'll know my brother more so than me. (Nathan halpin)
Last time I saw you where but a nipper and your brother played for durkar devils. (WOW that is a long time ago)

James

hmmm, cant remember that! but yes i know your brother and your mum! hahaa, see you around! its a small world!