200 diffuser (fitted on a 197,pics page 3)

loving it giles.
since fitting the diffuser it has made the miltek slightly louder as it resonates behind the diffuser a bit. sound great.

loving it giles.
since fitting the diffuser it has made the miltek slightly louder as it resonates behind the diffuser a bit. sound great.

The renault exhaust tips have done the same thing to my standard exhaust, it definitely sounds different since I put them on :001_huh:

Did you notice anything back when you had yours on?

i never had the renault exhaust trims.
the first ones i had before the miltek were welded on tips from a custom exhaust place.
cant remember if they made any noise difference.

with the 200 diffuser the exhaust doesnt stick out into the open and is sat inside/behind the diffuser so is resonating inside the diffuser. pops and bangs like a good un now.

Ahh fair enough Jase, thought they were the Renault ones sorry!

The exhaust is definitely more of a rumble now on idle and low revs, other people have commented too.

Still would snap up a 200 diffuser if I got the chance though!

As I said in the pm, I think that the point of the slash on the 197's exhaust may be to long and foul on the inner ehaust trim.
The 200 doent have a slash cut exhaust.
No one will be able to tell you for certain as there is only me that has one fitted, and I don't have a standard 197 exhaust.

Spoke to renault told me £690+VAT for diffuser, and said its not a straight fit, you need the 200 rear bumper aswell - ****ing idiots

You would need the whole front panels.
Wings, bonnet, lights, bumper, under tray....
The bonnet is longer so Probably slam panel and arch liners too.

Spoke to renault told me £690+VAT for diffuser, and said its not a straight fit, you need the 200 rear bumper aswell - ****ing idiots

Thats a ridiculous price for a bit of injection moulded plastic! It will cost less than £5 to produce! Painting isn't too much of an issue just prime and spray, it gives a little more flexibility to have some differences. But for £690 I would want it gold-plated at least lol :lol:

Iv FINALLY found this thread, I was looking all over for it (obviously in th wrong places :smiley:). that looks amazing Jase. Wouldnt mind doing this myself not sure if it would stand out enough on a black car. Would want it sort of grey-ish like the standard one.

They do the 200 diffuser in 2 colours.
Gloss black or anthrasite.

Ahhh well in that case :tongue_smilie: I'll have to keep my eye out, no pennies at the mo' so unless I find a front end damaged 200 then I'll be waiting a while. Does look nice though mate :thumbup1:

Ahhh well in that case :tongue_smilie: I'll have to keep my eye out, no pennies at the mo' so unless I find a front end damaged 200 then I'll be waiting a while. Does look nice though mate :thumbup1:

Lol the next 200 to get written off is going to have a big fight over it!!! I want a diffuser and so does Chappo I believe. I cant get over how good it looks with it Jase!

My local garage has had a 200 parked up for a while its tempting to go and do swapsies over night lol!