200 diffuser (fitted on a 197,pics page 3)

Hey MrAdam just been down to the dealer an though it would get a snap of the front of a 200 to show what I meant with the light. looking into it the front seems very different to a 197 so there might be even more troubles even if you switched the lights.

DSC00094.jpg

Ah good pic there, I really don't get why they didn't design it so the wing and bumper met flush, would look much better.

Maybe the 197 bumper would lower that ridge so both parts met, but like you say it's probably a hell of a job!

Ah good pic there, I really don't get why they didn't design it so the wing and bumper met flush, would look much better.

Maybe the 197 bumper would lower that ridge so both parts met, but like you say it's probably a hell of a job!

Lol I dont get it either its so much better like that on the 197 but then again I dont suppose its something you will ever notice unless its pointed out! The panel over the wheel is identical so the 197 bumper would leave a 2 inch gap under the lights. The only way it would be worthwhile is if anyone wanted to upgrade to xenons at the same time. Probably cheaper and easier to get a 200 lol!

fitted the 200 diffuser...
had to remove the inner part of the exhaust trim so that it would fit over the miltek.
23109003.jpg
23109004.jpg
23109006.jpg
23109008.jpg
23109005.jpg
23109009.jpg

There is only one word for that Jase! Perfect! It looks spot on just how it should be! Glad you got it on with no problems. I bet you are pleased with how it has turned out!

well chuffed with the result.
was a bit worried when it wouldnt fit over the miltek. thought i was going to have to have the tail pipes cut off.
realised that i could just remove the inner exhaust trim on the diffuser, so did that instead and tbh it doesnt look any different.

well chuffed with the result.
was a bit worried when it wouldnt fit over the miltek. thought i was going to have to have the tail pipes cut off.
realised that i could just remove the inner exhaust trim on the diffuser, so did that instead and tbh it doesnt look any different.

No you wouldn't notice it at all unless you were told about it! It gives the rear end so much more presence! So is the miltek a fatter exhaust than standard then or do you think that the 200 uses narrower piping?

Jase that is superb!! You got yourself a bargain there, and now have a car like the 200 should have looked :thumbup1:

If you ever hear of another one going anywhere, let me know :wink:

Last edited:
No you wouldn't notice it at all unless you were told about it! It gives the rear end so much more presence! So is the miltek a fatter exhaust than standard then or do you think that the 200 uses narrower piping?

the 200 has the same size pipe work as the 197 but the miltek is a bit wider and longer so was hitting the inner trims and stopping the diffuser going all the wayy back.

Was great to meet "craig" seems a great guy.
Thanks again neil for pointing me in his direction.