Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

That's looking really good Yiannis, glad it's all fixed and back on the road. Have fun Sunday, it'll be a nice way to give it a good run out!

haha thanks mate. What did you do on your car then? I saw an albi on his fb page the other day for belts, was that your car?

Nah but it will be going up at some point in the near future to get those done! i went up there to have a new air compressor fitted, braided lines fitted, gearbox oil changed and brake fluid changed! With the drive there and back it worked out much cheaper than to have it done here! Sean is a very knowledgeable guy!

Cheers guys, I will update with some video and more pics shortly:smile:
[MENTION=52978]jakeypoo[/MENTION] indeed my friend, that's why I'm taking my car there from London:wink:

Track day then. Great fun today even though it was seriously cold. We arrived at Silverstone around 8:30 and it was showing -2C! Now that was not fun but the cars loved it. Being dry massively helped as well, of course:smile:

Once again only top cars there, to the point that you eventually stop looking at them. Lambos, 458 Speciale, 430 racers, lots of Mclarens, Porsches, a fleet of Pragas, Radicals, Nobbles the whole lot. My favourite was a beefed up E46 csl which unfortunately broke down:worried:

The car performed brilliantly apart from a "check emissions" fault which eventually disappeared after a few hours, it didn't bother me at all to be honest. A few pics and a couple of videos on their way.

22921251000_46f104781c_b.jpgSilverstone 11-15 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
23217069935_d578e7c6cf_b.jpgDSC_0553 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
23217080265_d097f53103_b.jpgDSC_0550 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
23217083205_f1437478e7_b.jpgDSC_0547 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
22588653784_9c4a47e8eb_b.jpgDSC_0545 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
22921404790_0b2f423c45_b.jpgSilverstone Clio R27 11-15 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
23191072706_f7f86c5180_b.jpgSilverstone Clio R27 11-15 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
23217173845_129cf0dd53_b.jpgSilverstone Clio R27 11-15 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
23217150425_4a7d541726_b.jpgSilverstone Clio R27 11-15 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
22921323560_859e3773a2_b.jpgSilverstone Clio R27 11-15 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
22921307070_cc6a92b965_b.jpgSilverstone Clio R27 11-15 by YiannisR27, on Flickr

Yes mate very much so, that was a good opportunity to fiddle with the suspension settings as well and I have to say that I was so impressed with how different the car becomes under different setups. Next time I'll be trying some more camber at the front just to see if there are any improvements to be had.

note to myself *take jack and tools on your next TD:smile:

I think in all the excitment, tools generally land up sleeping at home... LOL. But then again its a great excuse to walk around and ask in those fancy garages. You hold good company with all those race machines. How did you find the braking setup, I do recall you upgraded the rears?

Yes mate very much so, that was a good opportunity to fiddle with the suspension settings as well and I have to say that I was so impressed with how different the car becomes under different setups. Next time I'll be trying some more camber at the front just to see if there are any improvements to be had.

note to myself *take jack and tools on your next TD:smile:

So true, I was sharing a garage with some radical boys, really pleasant bunch of people.

Braking setup is phenomenal, there were no signs of fade at all from all the temps caused by the monstrous friction of the RC6s. 2 piece items all around obviously worked wonders. Another thing that kept me busy was finding the right balance with the front stiffness, too much and the car would understeer on turn in, too little and it would dive under heavy braking as the stopping power is immense.

I got around it by adding some rebound at the fronts to help the car exiting the corners without understeering but keeping it relatively soft on compression to eliminate understeer on turn in. Full stiff at the back, rebound and compression which not only helped with the braking but tuned out understeer as well and the result was a tail happy FWD car. Brilliant:smile:

They cars looked ace [MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION]. Nearly as good as your car. Glad it performed well for you. I go to silverstone every year for Ford fair and camp for 3-4 days, tho that's in summer lol! No camping in this weather. Your car as ALWAYS looks amazing. Best colour too.

Great photos Yiannis, some impressive cars there! Your car looking very nice too. Good little write up on the suspension etc :smile:

Great photos mate. Looks like a great day out and glad you had fun.

Jealous you've seen the Praga R1R in the flesh. It's my favourite car out there at the moment!

Thanks a lot guys:smile:

I agree Mes, Praga cars are awesome and they sound the business. They were offering passenger rides in a 2 seater but their garage was so busy it was unreal, I gave up in the end:worried:

Passenger ride would have been amazing no doubt!

Can't get enough of it mate. Hard to find any photos and especially video. Guess it's because they only made a handful of them!

Last edited:
Bedford Autodrome last Saturday then with mixed weather conditions which always adds to the fun:smile:

It had rained the night before so we were met with a very greasy track, however it was around 10C and windy so the track kind of dried out only to rain again. The car performed as expected but it is now in urgent need of service, it will be going to Sean@Jade very soon to check everything out. I could hear some weird noises coming from...somewhere when turning, maybe brake related, really not sure. Quite obvious in the videos so any opinions appreciated.

Quite interesting mix of cars, a clio mk4 cup racer, a 991 GT3, a radical, caterhams, a few track day and everyday clios (and a fellow member in here as well @Big Ben) a renault 5 itb'd (that sounded brilliant) and lots and lots of BMWs as usual. Overall a good day indeed. Not lots of pics (still waiting for Javelin to update some on their website) and only a couple of videos for whoever is bored and want to waste a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv7i5rxNcK4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlszkaj7KqA

24785520539_bba69716c4_b.jpgDSC_0030 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
25153230935_5f84e99a73_b.jpgDSC_0027 by YiannisR27, on Flickr

Cheers