Yellow

Garmin Catalyst ordered, lets see if this is any good.

i heard the catalyst mounts are a bit flakey so might try the SW motorsport bracket. Also need a method of mounting camera on the cage, looks like you can buy go-pro mount convertors (action cam mount part no 010-13214-00) but cant see it anywhere to buy in the UK

Reactions: RSRowe
Garmin Catalyst ordered, lets see if this is any good.

i heard the catalyst mounts are a bit flakey so might try the SW motorsport bracket. Also need a method of mounting camera on the cage, looks like you can buy go-pro mount convertors (action cam mount part no 010-13214-00) but cant see it anywhere to buy in the UK

Yeah don’t trust the magnetic mount by itself, I use the tegiwa bracket

I use ram mounts for my GoPro, not cheap but rock solid.

I think they’re a new product for sure.Check the Megane ones out: https://www.swmotorsports.uk/produc...-low-seat-base-mount-subframe-and-slider-kit/

I’m pretty certain they’ll fit the Clio too, as OEM seats are interchangeable.
I ended up with these as direct to floor ones made me seat land nowhere near Centre. That may be because my seat is rather large though.

Now thats a nice looking seat subframe set up [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decided i'm going to try subframe mounted eye bolts for the passenger seat, given the seat is on rails it will mean they don't need adjusting every time you adjust the seat position. in future the recaro subframe may get in the sea, so to speak, and some PMS direct to floor mounts will result in the same b23a/tunnel eye bolt as i have for driver side.

if anyone was wondering - the ebay psdesigns (for M3s) bracket wont fit the clio floor mount hole centres as i asked for the measurements (might fit higher up in the subframe but certainly not the floor, ymmv). fortunately i asked before buying them. in the end the 'drill a hole where i want it' approach is going to prevail and i'll save time/money/stress/effort.

garmin catalyst has arrived, bought a few random mounting options to play with - eventual goal is to have it visible but away from prying marshall eyes, and have it screwed down somewhere with a rigid clip+tether to prevent unwanted garmin-flying-in-my-face scenarios.

also bought a cage bracket for the go-pro. i need a newer go-pro (got mine free as a work gift back in 2014..) to get image stabilisation, but this will work for now.

got a first baby on the way mid july so need to cram in some trackdays before my life ends completely, and then have pre-approval for goodwood end of sept.

Booked:

Goodwood 27th Sept
Brands April 20th

also looking at booking:

Snetterton May 25th
Donnington June 13th (may take GT3 here, tbc)

and another day may/june, baby due july so get them in whilst i can!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sean197 and Big Ben
GT3 is my bucket list car [emoji7]

GRgnY26.jpg

Edit - i see now the plate has fallen off. oops, i guess. :grimacing:

Decent Sunday ticking off little jobs:

1. Sunstrip installed, fiddly but easier with wife’s help as she’s an expert at cut and stick. Also after thinking about it i forgot about the rain sensor.. so had to re-do one half to fix that :smiley: looks professional now though. (Sainsburys carpark shot, sorry)

7D53A0A4-4824-4729-8864-16C584A39A39.jpeg

2. Garmin Catalyst installed - bolted to the clock dash binnacle surround thing as its a cheap part to replace if i decide to change it later. Put a tether/carabiner in the glovebox for it, with the tegiwa screw mount. Also had to do the sunstrip to determine where the front camera would sit! Now tucked behind the mirror.

6C8D42B8-4749-4469-B328-FD93B54DE952.jpeg

3. Bought a makita dak dak… dunno why i didnt do this before, changing wheels is now 10x faster - so have…

4. installed and removed spacers again - to see how it looks/sits. Some very track experienced folks have suggested ‘never never ever’ to spacers on track so im probably not going to use them there, but we’ll see. After weighting and alignment there’s nearly 7cm diff between rear spring heights! Makes the driver rear look less cambery and sticks out a bit more. Net height diff is about 2cm.

5. Go pro now mounted to cage! Backup camera, will test how this works - sadly it’s ancient so really need a newer one with image stabilisation.

Brands on thurs, will be playing with susp stiffness. Messing with the gaz a little today and the ‘clicks’ arent as obvious as id have thought.