Yellow

In the interests of transparency, my full weld in Tylah Motorsport cage with additional roof diagonal was £1750+VAT.

That did not include transport or collection, interior strip, glass removal or paint.

Budget about the same again for paint.

Expensive, but watching Liam’s video, I’d have no hesitation in doing it again.

Last edited:
In the interests of transparency, my full weld in Tylah Motorsport cage with additional roof diagonal was £1750+VAT.

That did not include transport or collection, interior strip, glass removal or paint.

Budget about the same again for paint.

Expensive, but watching Liam’s video, I’d have no hesitation in doing it again.
think id be happy with a dash dodger from JP - just so there's something above your head in-front of you, but i've no idea how you get those in.

Personally I’d bite the bullet and have the dash cut.
You want the cage as close to the frame as possible.

mine and Iain’s are both Tylah cage which have welded gussets to the A frame
Not sure on liams

Reactions: jimmybell
Just be done with it and get that dashboard cut :tongueclosed:

SW do a full cage for around 1400, but you'll need someone to weld the feet into it. At which point you may aswell just go ballsdeep and get a full weld in cage IMO

ARC Autosport did the one in my old track car. Considerably less than Tylah, even after you price in the cost for transport and window/glass removal.
I can't really compare my painting to Iain and Beany, as it only cost me £150. But it was a 150 quid job..... not something which wouldn't be out of place at a show and shine event. I was happy with it though, there were no runs and the bars had paint on them

Reactions: Beany and jimmybell
this is firmly taking me away from clubsport ... and in to track-only car.

perhaps once i've got my garage/drive/trailer/tow-barge. also i really like the look of a yellow half cage, full cage would have to go black :worried:

will ponder for later in the year.

I have a set of Ultraleggeras which are ET40 and they fit with some negative camber and stiff springs.

8J and ET55 sounds like a very good fit.

Reactions: jimmybell
at 200/corner for the MRF ZTRs (at least on DT), and £1400 for the wheels, i think that'l be next month!

perhaps this month can be the garmin instead. and then the rest of the year is recovery.

i know the general consensus always seems to be no spacers on track... but i have some (previous owner), and i like the look of them because they fix the offset of the cup wheels.. does anyone actually run spacers on track?

• Haha
Reactions: RSRowe
Collected the car from Alex today - big grin on my face!

Lots of items ticked off, worked out nicely given how busy work has been i'd never have gotten any of this done:

1. full service, belts, pump etc.
2. Gripper (!), 3+4 synchros, clutch kit
3. Gaz Gold's installed. finally. Corner weighted, alignment
4. Powerflex everything (alongside the vibra technics engine mounts), adjustable droplinks, rear beam shims,
5. New thermostat + lambda sensor (seemed dodgy)

Also solved some minor niggles with wiper linkage and now have the harness setup for passenger too so good times!

Looks like nearly any wheel i want new is on back order 2+ weeks, so will scour facebook and ebay for some other options. thinking of doing a last minute bedford day on monday with MSV to shake the car out, work pending!

Oh and it turns out Alex has worked on this car a decent amount in the past.. i never put two and two together from my stack of invoices.. doh! Seems like it's in decent condition.
Looks like it's had a remap in the past too, so that's some money saved.

Last edited:
Now that i've got an even more solid setup, i've removed the rear boot plastic trim that sits under the rear windscreen. That was causing some boot rattles and really annoying.

Going to try and install the steering wheel lowering kit this weekend, and the sun strip - it's still early in the year and you really notice that low sun when sat on the floor in Recaros... and the sun visors aren't a great help (weight saving idea.. every little helps)

Had a ride in Alex's (track) Megane - lovely thing, actually decent build quality on those and pretty rapid with 400+hp. Istill prefer the go-kart nature of the Clio but i can see why people move to the Megane. That said, the ZPO shifter is really nice, Alex suggested also looking at the PMS given the linkage change but i do prefer the look of the ZPO.

I'll add it to the list after i've saved for another 6 months. Wheels first, and maybe a garmin. and a good wash.

Anyone had any positive experience with portmatch + gasflowed manifold? :sweatsmile:

Reactions: burrellbloke
Once the engine is back in the car and the V6 airbox has been done again I will get my Clio remapped as it will be running on the original full fat ECU and not the Cup ECU that was remapped when the Akra was put on. If there are any gains from the V6 airbox and inlet manifolds I will let you know.

looks lovely indeed, exactly how id colour it too!
Once the engine is back in the car and the V6 airbox has been done again I will get my Clio remapped as it will be running on the original full fat ECU and not the Cup ECU that was remapped when the Akra was put on. If there are any gains from the V6 airbox and inlet manifolds I will let you know.

i guess relatively easy to remove, ship, re-fit and not that expensive. With all of these engine 'mods' it's tiny improvements if anything, i just want it running super happy and smooth... removing any restrictions. i suspect the inside of the manifold might want a clean out anyway.

Reactions: EthanMenace
Has anyone fitted harnesses to seats with sliding rails?

is it better/acceptable to fit the b23a or other mounting bolt to the subframe rather than the oem seat rail on the cil side? Seems pretty tight on the oem rail and every time you adjust the slider youd have to adjust the belts. Some pics to illustrate. Im thinking of just drilling the side of subframe instead, and maybe just use an eye bolt.

fortunately not using these subframes on the driver side

Attachments

• 6A3328C5-9C4D-4A49-8D4A-41D194E9D80C.jpeg
    6A3328C5-9C4D-4A49-8D4A-41D194E9D80C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • A965E7D2-44E7-45C8-9B51-23286E6EEFBA.jpeg
    A965E7D2-44E7-45C8-9B51-23286E6EEFBA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19