Wouldn't usually moan about my health :(

So as some may know Iv had issues for last 3 years now with neurological problems and at the moment am in "limbo" with suspected MS or hopefully chronic fatigue/Fibromyalgia. Anyhow needed a moan really as my mates aren't around for a beer and a bitch lol

Today's one of those days that I'm buggered if I do and buggered if I don't! I walk around and try and keep active which absolutely knackers me (holding on to the sides to help balance) but when I lay down I get my normal throbbing in legs and aches and pains everywhere!

sorry just needed to vent a little :/

Cheers mate I do appreciate it. Just one of those low days today that's all. Have been out with Oscar for a long walk this morning and been fairly active so hey ho. Tomorrows the start of a new week :smile:

There is no harm having a vent to get things off your chest atall, as long as the person your venting too knows it's just a vent and not a direct attack on them.

having suffered a little depression a few years back, and gone through a few health saga's myself, it can do wonders putting things down in writing on a friendly forum to vent slightly, no harm in it atall in my eyes.
its surprising how many people have shared your ups and downs in the past.
and as Maureen Lipman use to say 'its good to talk' :wink:

hope your feeling better, Monday is a fresh day and a fresh week, it can only get better :wink:

Got 5 buggered disks in my back meaning I live in bad pain constantly.

Got 2 choices.
1 live with it.
2 go for an op with a 10% chance of never walking again.

Going down option one, means I can't do loads and often get stuck in positions that mean crawling on the floor to get in a position where I can actually get back up but no way am I going to risk that 10%.

I sympathise greatly

Cheers guys :smile: I'm fairly open with all this stuff and ran the great south run last year for The MS society and I have to say after everything I have never felt so proud as when I crossed the finish line.

A few years ago I lost 6 and a half stone in around 4 months and become VERY fit so when I got hit with this crap (I gave myself 2 weeks of from the gym then BAM) it was hard. I couldn't lift so ended up running and that got hard. So doing the great south was just F**k you to it really but that was the last time Iv really pushed myself as its just been that bit too much this year.

Don't moan much as work a lot of hours to be able to keep the Clio and the life I have but just some days a bit much especially when I get sweet F all from the doctors and need I say it the government lol

As said before give us a call and go for a beer. I need an excuse to rag the Clio a bit

Mate I can feel everyone of your pains.I have had CRPS (cronic regional pain syndrome) for the last 3years so I know where your coming from.Im in pain 24hours a day I have 4000mg of pain killers,morphine + plus I got a spinal cord stimulater fitted on to my spinal cord.If you ever want to talk to someone who knows how you feel give be a shout day or night as I don't sleep well I only get between 1-2 hrs a day.Its good if you can talk about it I didn't and for the last 12 weeks Ive been seeing a psychologist and its helped me immensely just by having some one to vent all the things you bottle up inside you
like I say I'm always here prisoned in my own house 24 hrs a day

Just a random idea, don't know if it would sound silly or not but a national meet with a big sponsored drive would be quite fun. Reason to get a load of us together, reason to get out in the cars and reason to raise money for a good cause.

Just crossed my mind so thought I'd say it

Last edited:
Cheers guys :smile: and Tom I think we need a south coast meet anyway buddy :wink:

Roy I think what Iv got is nothing to the issues you have mate and feel bad when I moan when I'm a lucky one. I do agree that talking to people with similar problems does help as its one of those "you look fine" problems of which is really only understood by others who go through it themselves.

And Mentalpen I feel your pain mate! Back problems are a really crap :/

I also do agree on a charity run with out a doubt :smile:

seems many suffer back issues.

ive got 3 discs with issues.
2 have prolapsed over the years, another is shown as being heavily damaged, I went in for steroid based injections back towards the beginning of the year in to the two main discs with the problems, and an epidural to try and help cure some trapped nerve issues, but the epidural left me with a spinal leak and low pressure around the upper area of my spine and head.
took them a while to diagnose it, followed by a lengthy MRI (third this year).
downside is during the MRI they have now highlighted an enlarged arterie across the right hand side of my brain which if I suffer high blood pressure later in life is likely to cause further issues... Great!

i suffer acute flare ups within my damaged discs, and much like mentalpen they can just grab you, almost dropping me to the floor almost useless, they can last hours or even days, I can never tell.
ive been referred now as there is a possibility that I could be classed as having a disability, but personally I think that's a bit extreme... :worried:

so myself, like others symphasise with you, and really hope you don't struggle to much.
a charity based drive out somewhere is a good idea with me, I'd happily go for it :smile:

Cheers guys :smile: and Tom I think we need a south coast meet anyway buddy :wink:

Roy I think what Iv got is nothing to the issues you have mate and feel bad when I moan when I'm a lucky one. I do agree that talking to people with similar problems does help as its one of those "you look fine" problems of which is really only understood by others who go through it themselves.

And Mentalpen I feel your pain mate! Back problems are a really crap :/

I also do agree on a charity run with out a doubt :smile:

Can only do a small one as I'm trying to keep the miles low on my car until I get the st.

Then I'll be doing quite a few :smile:

Can only do a small one as I'm trying to keep the miles low on my car until I get the st.

Then I'll be doing quite a few :smile:

lol I can only do a small one as I'm skint :/

sounds like a few people on here are falling apart lol it's hard for me as I'm 25, Iv always been in the building game from a very young age as old man is a chippy by trade so fairly tough living for the body anyway and Iv already had to give up being self employed as was to hard on the body. Now I'm doing maintenance on shops so if I can't do this then bugger me I'm screwed lol

I no what your going through but with something different also. I had my good days and my bad days with my condition called spherocytosis. It's a blood disorder which made my spleen double in size and it even grew another spleen on the size as it was so over worked. I picked option 2 and had the operation and it was the best thing I ever done (bar the 4 scars on my stomach) keep in there mate