Car wouldn't start and then ASR/ESP is disabled

Car wouldn't start. Would hardly turn over so seemed like battery was dead (it's not, green light still glowing faintly on battery).

Couple of goes and car starts but have warning saying asr/esp disabled. Turn the car off and on a few times but always same message.

Taking the wife's car tonight but need to get sorted.

Anyone know what this is? Is it a common problem?

Thanks

The few times my ESP has shown up disabled is after a flat/dead battery or after disconnecting the battery (once you start driving it normally clears)

How old is your battery?

i ask this because when mine needed replacing it was the same situation as yours. Lazy to start for a while before deciding it had had enough. Dashboard and interior lights would still come on at first too.

Last edited:
Sounds like a failing battery. You could get it tested at you local mechanic. I know my mechanic very well so I don't get charged but it shouldn't cost any more than £5 and takes about a min to do. That way you'll know.

Thanks guys, looks like the battery. Soon as I drove off, the ESP light turned off. Not had any indication that the battery was on the way out. Will keep an eye on it.