Will these fit

This the kinda look your going for:

IMG_2042.jpg

Its not the worst looking car though one wheel colour would have been better (the blue perhaps).

Nope won't be going that low and not going for alloys with dish, it'll be a lot more subtle than that one lol. Had blue wheels on my last car

Theres nothing like a bit of stretch to make it legal:

IMG_2040.jpg

(I took this at a car show I was at a few years ago. And yes its a golf).

Not wanting to rekindle an argument but that stretch does not make it legal, the wheel is still sticking out past the wheelarch.

Not wanting to rekindle an argument but that stretch does not make it legal, the wheel is still sticking out past the wheelarch.

That I know, I should have said 'to try to make it legal'. Some are under the impression its only the tyre tread that has to be cover by the footprint of the vehicle. Personally i'd see it as illegal anyway under 'vehicle in a dangerous condition', but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Goes without saying though really. As long as there is no fouling, then it can't fail an mot for wheel/tyre sticking out past the arch, as it isn't tested. If something isn't tested, it can't be failed...

Just like airbags, some will say that if airbags have deployed, its an mot fail. Again that's incorrect as airbags aren't tested. Would get messy if they were, lol.

Goes without saying though really. As long as there is no fouling, then it can't fail an mot for wheel/tyre sticking out past the arch, as it isn't tested. If something isn't tested, it can't be failed...

Just like airbags, some will say that if airbags have deployed, its an mot fail. Again that's incorrect as airbags aren't tested. Would get messy if they were, lol.

true but i wouldnt want to put any cornering load on those tyres....:innocent:

they are just not designed to be fitted/used like that!!!!

You'd be supprised what a tyre can go through. I'll stick a video up tomorrow that is cool to see. GtiR I think, i was shocked how much abuse tyres take.

Sorry guys, that's not an MOT fail. I challenge you to find me the section it would fail against. :smiley:

I don't believe I said it was. I said it was illegal and dangerous (which it is as numerous people have been prosecuted for it all over the country).

There are MOT regulations,

and there are Construction & Use regulations.

They ain't always the same!

Last edited:
You can get adapters in 18mm.
I know because ive had some custom made to fit my new wheels on the MegCC :smile:

Yeah g23 do 18mm Adaptors.

And just to cheer everyone up, I won't be stancing my clio anymore (won't be modifying it at all), now planning to sell it and get something a bit quicker