Will these fit

I won't be running 195's on 8j wheels, I agree that's a bit unsafe when I've got nearly 200hp to play with. I'll stick some pictures up when it's finished, see if You like it in any way lol

I went for the 197 as I've never seen one running a set up like I'm planning, been overdone on golfs IMO

Don't get me wrong, if it looks decent then I'll be the first to say so. It's just a shame to see these cars having that done to them in my opinion. Fair play for wanting to do the whole Euro thing on something that isn't the usual generic VAG box of hatred, nothing wrong with trying different things at all. It's just not something you would expect to see on one of these or read about on here so it was a shock to the system reading it hahaha!!!

Haha you've got a few months to get over the shock of reading this before you'll have the pictures to look at, wont have it all sorted for a while.

Theres nothing like a bit of stretch to make it legal:

IMG_2040.jpg

(I took this at a car show I was at a few years ago. And yes its a golf).

Yeah I've got a few mates running similar stretch to that, on much less powerful cars than my 197. I know a lad running 195/40 on 9j wheels lol

Surely this isnt safe. I know I couldn't drive on a tyre like that as I'd be afraid of blow outs with every bump I hit.

Yeah when your running serious stretch there's a chance the tyre will pop off if you hit a pothole badly, only other problem is leeking air.

When your running a lot of camber tyre wear is shocking as well

I prefer the SITA 1100 to the left of the picture!!! :smiley:

It'll probably handle better. :tongueout:

Not just vag scene that goes for this style, this corsa d looks amazing IMO

null_zps1da7fde8.jpg

I'll have to disagree on the looks however i'd suggest that the Corsa in that photo is border line undriveable on anything but a ironing board smooth road, something that the UK doesnt have many off. Also why go to all that effort and then paint you wheels a different shade of yellow to the car? Its things like that which make or break a car, attention to detail.

What's with all the hating? People on here moan about cliosport, but some of the replies on here are laughable. There is nothing wrong with a bit of stretch. It's usually the people who have had zero experience with something that call the safety card. I ran 225 on 9.5J, no problems whatsoever. TBH it wasn't even that stretched.
Poke and stretch are the correct terms to use. Shall we rename them for something more socially acceptable?
This isn't just a vw thing either, there's a whole world outside this forum, take a look.

I see the appeal of the whole low & slow scene with perfectly detailed paintwork but it has to be on the right car.

It's all about Form < Function :wink:

What's with all the hating? People on here moan about cliosport, but some of the replies on here are laughable. There is nothing wrong with a bit of stretch. It's usually the people who have had zero experience with something that call the safety card. I ran 225 on 9.5J, no problems whatsoever. TBH it wasn't even that stretched.
Poke and stretch are the correct terms to use. Shall we rename them for something more socially acceptable?
This isn't just a vw thing either, there's a whole world outside this forum, take a look.

Amen!

Well, somebody managed to completely miss the tongue-in-cheek-ness of it all didn't they!?! :smiley:

Well, somebody managed to completely miss the tongue-in-cheek-ness of it all didn't they!?! :smiley:

Yeh... my posts may have come across as being serious...

Because they were, I just don't get why people would want to make a car praised for its handling, handle worse.

Muppetry of the highest order.