When you fall out of love with the clio....

Recently had the opportunity to take my brothers Golf out for a bit to see what this whole turbo DSG lark is about.

Craps all over the Clio in a straight line but feel so indirect and front and rear end grip is a bit lacking, slower rack means you have to work harder to turn in. It's been sat on the drive since :tongueout:

I have ups and downs with it all the time, the seats are wearing again and it's a complete pain for me to take it into Renault, but just love the experience of driving it. I've stopped braking for round a bouts :smiley:

I'll get bored of it, I've already found it's limits without modifications on the track but it's fun until I decide to change or something actually interesting turns up........

DSG > manual and you know it :wink::driveby:

hate to get all heavey........................... anyway i found in life no matter how much i wanted something e.g 197, big house ect when i get it i always want something diff/better/newer ect dnt fink its just me!

Hit the nail on the head. Always has been my problem. The 197 wont be going, but this is my way of dealing with the bit of me that wants an St, this will stop it lol :smile:

I am putting him on my insurance, and he's doing the same for me. Paul will tell you how much the ST owner likes the Clio....Matt was with him for the ring trip this year.

Well, I hope this happens, kind of excited about having Stripes for a month :smile:

good on ya for swapping to rekindle the love before chucking in the towel (or the keys lol) , hope you find whats best for you.

I like the DSG for just pootling about and motorway but not so much for pushing on :tongueout:

What kind of power does the ST have mike?

ST are either 150 or 180 limited edition. they are slow very badly made (brake down alot)

theres not much comparison to golf and clio is there 1 is a out and out spors car and the other is a comfort car that goes fast

Thought it might have mods possibly?

I've never seen one driven fast, either that or they don't go fast :tongueout: one was on a TD a few months ago but the guy looked a bit scared.

Matt's St is standard, lower down it is marginally quicker than the 197, then the 197 rules supreme 3k+

Nathan's ST on the other hand, is evenly matched to the 197 - had some work done it it :smile:

ST are either 150 or 180 limited edition. they are slow very badly made (brake down alot)

theres not much comparison to golf and clio is there 1 is a out and out spors car and the other is a comfort car that goes fast

the golf is also in the next car sector ie its a megane rival...

clio is polo - fiesta etc rival (super-mini)

I have an astra 1.6 turbo for the next 7 days. Top spec elite model with full leather etc. The engine is the same as that in the corsa vxr, so far feels smooth and quite responsive. Will report further whilst it is in my possession.

just out of interest i was looking at the last model Focus ST-3 the other day, not thinking of changing, theres not many cars out there i'd buy but i always liked the Orange paint. Anyone know what these are like to live with? and in comparison to the clio (driving wise)?

just out of interest i was looking at the last model Focus ST-3 the other day, not thinking of changing, theres not many cars out there i'd buy but i always liked the Orange paint. Anyone know what these are like to live with? and in comparison to the clio (driving wise)?

I take offence at that paint. My issue with it is I can't help but think "Easyjet" every time I see one!!!

lol FORD aka fixed or repaired daily. and thats coming from the owner of a french car lol. but have fun mate im sure ull be very much in love with the 197 again after about a day

I'm always thinking of other stuff to buy. Looking at exiges and elises at the minute.
BUT
Just had a week away on holiday where we had to take the scenic, first thing I did was jump into the 200 when I got back and realised how much I love it. Knocked the lotus thing back a while I reckon (well, until next spring probably)