197: Fallen back in love with the 197

Luke_197

Platinum Member
Hey guys

After considering selling my 197 for a number of months, I've really started to miss it, I had this up for sale for a few weeks and had virtually no interest.

I was considering an older shape audi s3, but even with that turbo and 4wd system they just aren't as fun as the quirky 197, they also look GASH in comparison. Ive missed the 197 loads so I've decided too hang onto it for a few more years until my insurance drops a lot and I can afford something really worth upgrading too.

Recently sold some of my mods which was stupid of me!!! ):/ Not having coilovers and exhaust are bugging me big time, however I did raise a lot of money selling my old mods so its a good opportunity for me to upgrade to some kw v3's as the v1's I had before where just to soft for my liking.

I'm not on the site that often but for everyone who does remember me I'm here to stay for a bit longer :smiley:

Also feel to comment on how stupid you think I am for selling all my mods and then deciding not to sell!!!

Last edited:
IDIOT. :tongueout:

These cars are like Crack, once you've fallen for one nothing else will really compare unless you've got a bank account like Scrooge McDuck.

IDIOT. :tongueout:

These cars are like Crack, once you've fallen for one nothing else will really compare unless you've got a bank account like Scrooge McDuck.

Idiot is an understatement lol :wink:, I think I needed to go without it for a few weeks to realise how much I missed it.

Stupid boy !!!

Tbh I done the same with my old car just kept selling and buying parts haha. Think il stick to the Clio for a while though never loved a car so much, well unless I run into an affordable Megane 250 trophy :wink:

Looking forward to seeing the 'newly' modded 'old' Clio lol

I miss mine when I go on holiday for a week or summat. That could be down to driving a flippin KIA Picanto or a Micra. I love it all the more when I get back into it.

Its brilliant you didn't make the move. RS such brilliant fun!

I don't miss the 197, I totally adore the 182, madly In love with it, but would never be without an RS

I miss mine when I go on holiday for a week or summat. That could be down to driving a flippin KIA Picanto or a Micra. I love it all the more when I get back into it.

Lol I missed mine when I went to menorca this year, next year I'm taking the 197 on holiday with me :wink: lol

I have been debating the same thing. Only reason is cost for me. Trying to save for a flat and owing an RS don't mix.

Re the holiday, take her somewhere beautiful but will amazing roads, like some of those roads on top gear. She can enjoy the scenery you can enjoy the car as well.

I miss my 197 cup! My R26 is a good car and very fast but not as much fun. I get in the Meg and drive it when required. I was bored with driving but when I had the Clio, I drove it for the sake of it. It's true, every word, these cars are like crack!