197: Fallen out of love with the 197 now

Right this is my 11th RS and one of the newist ones ive had, Ive had it just over 6 months now and iam fallen out of love with it, I have put a few mods on it to my liking nothing major.
It just seems to be problem after problem with it.
Im seriously considerding to chopping it in,
Thoughts on corsa VXR?
j

What problems have you been having?

Don't get a VXR if you're after problem-free motoring. :wink:

Firstly you need to know why exactly you have fallen out of love with it. If it's due to reliability or little niggles, then buying a Vauxhall won't help! Lol! Most cars go wrong at some point. These cars can be a little annoying if you use them all the time to drive to work for example, high running costs and lack of low down torque. You need to get out on some good open roads and do something most people don't do these days, go for a drive because you want to. Don't even have somewhere you are going to at the end of the drive, just go out and drive. Then you will feel a little better. Lol!

^^^ What Arran said.

Go and stick £50 in, find a nice quiet road, turn the radio off and put your foot down. If that doesn't bring you back around then nothing will. :smiley:

no swearing on here please:lol::lol::lol:
dont do it you will regrete it:tongueout:anic::tongueout:anic::tongueout:anic:

Mate of mine has a corsa vxr very nice
Motors but he agrees they are awful when it comes to reliability he's had no end of problems and big problems too!
The usual wear and tear on 197s and little niggles are annoying though!

i wldnt go from a 197 to a corsa vxr if ur fed up with reliability mate, what about a astra vxr? alot better built than the corsa's, dnt hear much about things going wrong with them. but yh im always falling out of love with mine aswell! like what willis said " go put £50..etc" unless i do that the car bores me.

What problems have you been having?

Don't get a VXR if you're after problem-free motoring. :wink:

Gear box, seats (wear and tear) Alternator, Ball joint gone already now a knock sensor wich is causeing it to miss fire. Its just dishartaning, i spent ages looking for the right one then all this happens, None of the other RS ive had are uneliable as this one and its the newist

Zrussel Astras are to big for me im only 5 foot 3

Yeah, I'm surprised too!!! :worried:

That's not nice to hear. Have you had most of those things fixed now? If you like the car as a whole but are just pissed off with the niggles then would it not be better to get it all right (I know, you shouldn't have to with it being new) rather then move to a another car that proabably won't be as good? The Clio is the best car in it's class for a reason, still, shame to hear about the problems you've been having.

Right fingers crossed been out for a spin to night and after spraying a bit of WD40 in the knock sensor it seems to of worked (thanks to foxy for the suggestion) didnt stutter once, 1 small flat spot around town that was it