Seem to have fallen out of love with my 197

over the last kinda 2 weeks i feel that ive really fallen out of love with the cup, I have no idea why anyone got any ideas how i can pull myself out of this because deep down i wanna still love the cup

I'd have said we could have went for a blast tomorrow but the 200 currently has a puncture.

What you need to do is get on some B-roads and drive it like it should be.

I'd have said we could have went for a blast tomorrow but the 200 currently has a puncture.

What you need to do is get on some B-roads and drive it like it should be.

What YOU need to do is fix that puncture!!!!

get yourself in a position to not be able to drive for a week or 2.
I can't wait to get back in my car and enjoy a nice long drive!

Breeny, been feeling the same about mine recently. The 197 has just been annoying me a little. Done best part of 1000 miles in a fortnight in it and the first 350 I was ready to part-ex it there and then. I love the car some of the time. But there seems to be getting more and more situations were I don't.

It was frustrating that despite my best efforts, in the first 350 miles, the trip was only reading 32 mpg. So I thought stuff the economy and drove it how I wanted to. This only made me more annoyed because I used a fair bit of fuel. It is bumpy and harsh to do long miles in and the boot was a bit too small for all the stuff we take on holiday with us.

Then, having 5 people in the car (all of whom are my other halves family), the car was slow to pick up, and in order to make it move I had to rev it, as you HAVE to do in these cars. Which, to people like my other halve's aunty, probably looks like I'm thrashing the crap out of it and driving like a tool. Turbo would have been very nice.

Then there is the little things that are starting to bug me. Renault seem incapable to repair things properly. Tax is a lot. The missus doesn't like driving it or being a passenger in it. Not many other people are keen on the ride either. It's not actually that fast in a straight line. My mates 1.4 t-jet Punto (120bhp) will sit behind me, without much of a gap most of the time.

Just feel like getting a slightly bigger car with a turbo or s/c. Although the second half of the 1000 miles were better for some reason, and I did manage to get 40.0 mpg by drafting a lorry at 55 mph!

I'm not sure if mine has cup suspension on it, but its quite firm.
MPG is a ballache, but you should expect these things when you buy a quick car.
I pull away from my mate in his 220bhp octavia vrs every time we have a quick blast. I think its because theyre hard to drive slow, they live to be revved, but I dont mind that. :wink:
I love the way they look pretty unassuming to the people that dont know theyre car's, and buy because of badges. Upset many a BMW driver. It eat's CTR's for breakfast and the megane's arnt that much quicker in a straight line from what I've seen :wink:

I drive my car everyday, costs me £40 for the week in juice, and it can swallow another £20 at the weekend depending on if we've gone out anywhere. It sometimes can be a bit of a bugger, with it's little foibles, but I just think it gives the car character. I probably do love my little clio, and being into v-dubs primarily, I'm quite shocked.

Must be good:wink:

Then, having 5 people in the car (all of whom are my other halves family), the car was slow to pick up

Yeah the other day i had 4 people in total in the car & thought to myself i am never doing a long road trip with a full car, the petrol cost would be astronomical & it felt like a bit of a pain to drive. Still pulled uphill quite well though i thought.

This car is good for one thing & it does that one thing very very well... there's no compromise