197 Cut out at high rev gear change, now seems to have some kind of electrical issues

frazjam

Platinum Member
Right,

Typical half 11 last night, im 5 minutes from home and changing from 2nd up to 3rd at high revs and the car just cuts out, no loud bang, no shudder, no exploding gearboxes.

As i coast down from speed i try start the car, nothing just turning over, i try bumping it in gear and still nothing.

Pull over, pop the bonnet, no signs of anything untoward. Try and start the car again, just turning over. (it has compression just not firing)

Now my thought on this one is TDC sensor, but i now have an electrical issue.

My mate came and towed me to the house, and on the way home the car has thrown a strop.

the hazards stopped working, the car wont turn over, i cant even get ignition to shut the window. its kept popping up saying "turn wheel to start" but would only ever say this or tell me to remove the key but now it isn't even doing anything.

There seems to be a clicking from a relay behind the pass headlight? but that's about all it is doing!

Any ideas? Thanks!

Almost similar but im not convinced.

Ill have a look at it later and see if it could be linked

basics first....check battery voltage and battery/starter/alternator/main fuses connections