We are tiny!

It also explains how it is impossible how there is NO life out there! Shere numbers!

And this is good:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IVqMXPFYwI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

That video is incredible also Mike. I just can't comprehend the idea that it doesn't end?!

Always love a good space clip. Still can't comprehend the sizes they walk about.

Not sure if I want to be alive the day we encounter another intelligent life form or not. Scary thought.

Always love a good space clip. Still can't comprehend the sizes they walk about.

Not sure if I want to be alive the day we encounter another intelligent life form or not. Scary thought.

unlikely peoples fly out to solar system but if they can built fast space ship same travel speed light years!.

I'd love it if I was still alive and we got in contact with ET, would be very scary though, I reckon there's 1000s of different earths harbouring life out there.

I'd love it if I was still alive and we got in contact with ET, would be very scary though, I reckon there's 1000s of different earths harbouring life out there.

No Luke that's called London

I wouldn't say thousands, i'd say billions.

Here's the maths.

The sun is a star, orbiting the sun are 8 planets, and some 6 dwarf planets.

The nearest star is 4 light years away in our galaxy. Our galaxy consists of about 200 to 400 BILLION stars (suns), the nearest galaxy is 2.5 million light years away (that's 14 686 504 184 000 000 000 miles) it is estimated there are a TRILLION stars (suns) in that galaxy.

In the OBSERVABLE universe, it is estimated that there are 500 BILLION galaxies. The furthest observable galaxy we have seen was in the Hubble Deep Space Field picture - the galaxies in that picture are 13.7 BILLION light years away (that's 804820429260000000000000000000000000 miles) - so that's 300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars - that's 300 sextillion.

Concept of scale for you:

Earth's_Location_in_the_Universe_SMALLER_(JPEG).jpg

Alone? Nope. Other intelligent life? Definitely!

just watched those vids they were awesome it really makes u wonder doesnt it. I bet on some distant planet there are little green dudes talking about the flying hot hatches on a forum lol

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
matt_brown_92 Detailing 9
inwardnoise Projects/Progress Threads 50