Warranty Issues claimed for?

As title, what have people claimed for on warranty? (Successfully and unsuccessfully)

Anything other than the usual Recaros and Gearbox problems?

Issue and mileage claimed at would be good for people to see.

2 x steering wheels one at 20,000 one at £45,000 2 x rear light clusters at 10002 x rubber door seals at 30,000

Last edited:
30k - Crack in rear window just by wiper. Renault wouldn't fix it.

36k - leaking rocker gasket. Fixed by renault under warranty, got new cambelt as part of.the job.

Last edited:
Why no fix mate???

The service manager wouldn't have it, he reckoned the crack was caused by a gritting lorry, once I had picked myself up from the floor for laughing so hard I realised he was actualy being serious.... Prize tw@t....

When the glass man came out to replace it he noticed that the wiper motor had not been installed correctly which caused a stress fracture.

The service manager wouldn't have it, he reckoned the crack was caused by a gritting lorry, once I had picked myself up from the floor for laughing so hard I realised he was actualy being serious.... Prize tw@t....

When the glass man came out to replace it he noticed that the wiper motor had not been installed correctly which caused a stress fracture.

Some one should write a book on Renault excuses they would be minted lol

Both head lights and spotlights replaced under warranty after only 5k miles due to water ingress. (must be looking at £1k+ parts/labour)

In the process of getting the drivers side seat bolster/cover replaced hopefully.

Not great as the car now only has 6k on it.

On my 197 I had

Water ingress to the boot area repaired which had been leaking in for a while, so not sure on mileage. Took them 2 or 3 attempts to repair it and then they didn't fit the bumper on correctly.

2 x door seals

Boot lid banging - never got resolved

Glove box dropped - repaired

Trim next to steering wheel refitted - successful

A/C not working - took 3 attempts and it eventually worked, but made strange noises.

Several rattles.

Nothing really major on mine. Quite good really.

had rear caliper fixed as was sticking, boot resprayed as had rust below the window and recaro seat cable replaced

Cam Shaft Sensor, Both Recaro bases, air-con pump (Gassed twice FOC), window weather seals, front shockie, steering wheel, Wing mirror glass replaced (Not heating up)

200 cup

New front bumper due to cracked bracket o n pickup day.
New front headlights due to a defect.
New front sub frame as it was damaged by Renault.
New accelerator pedal.
New seals behind both doors.

200 Silverstone

Front O/S wing resprayed due to damage.
Spoiler resprayed due to damage.
Its now due to go back in to get all four wheel arched touched up as they are peeling.

I bought my 197 when it was about 2 yrs 10 mths old. The previous owner (first owner of the car) had a new steering wheel and a small oil leak fixed just before I bought the car and I had both front Brembo callipers replaced 2 weeks before the warranty expired :smile:

200 cup

New front bumper due to cracked bracket o n pickup day.
New front headlights due to a defect.
New front sub frame as it was damaged by Renault.
New accelerator pedal.
New seals behind both doors.

200 Silverstone

Front O/S wing resprayed due to damage.
Spoiler resprayed due to damage.
Its now due to go back in to get all four wheel arched touched up as they are peeling.

that's really not good!

Would anyone keep a record of any warranty work thats been done to a car, i bought mine at just under three years old but have nothing to say if anythings been done.

that's really not good!

The paint work on my silverstone has been nothing but a pain since the day I got it! Once all the arches have been respray it should hopefully be 100%. Just also wanted to point out I am the customer from hell. To your average joe these issue would not have been a problem.