Warranty Issues claimed for?

Would anyone keep a record of any warranty work thats been done to a car, i bought mine at just under three years old but have nothing to say if anythings been done.

When ever I have picked mine up I have never received paperwork when warranty work has been carried out, I can only image it s stored on some kind of database against the cars history with Ruk.

There was a massive thread on this, can't be bothered to search for it at the moment.

Only thing that I have claimed for is the gearbox, other than that the cars not been a problem.

had mine from 10 month old......no warranty claims!

out of warranty replaced myself - o/s door hands-free sensor and n/s steering track rod :bat:

Just gone in for:

3rd gear occasional cruch
Alarm repeatedly going off
Door handle not locking
Diagnostic check due to error light

Renault came back with

Nothing wrong with gearbox (bet they didnt even look)
Alarm hasnt gone off so cant find out whats wrong (I told them its prob the bonnet plunger, they refuse to replace it)
door handle will have to be ordered (I told them I needed one)
Diagnostic test brought up nothing

thanks Renault, epic service

Just gone in for:

3rd gear occasional cruch
Alarm repeatedly going off
Door handle not locking
Diagnostic check due to error light

Renault came back with

Nothing wrong with gearbox (bet they didnt even look)
Alarm hasnt gone off so cant find out whats wrong (I told them its prob the bonnet plunger, they refuse to replace it)
door handle will have to be ordered (I told them I needed one)
Diagnostic test brought up nothing

thanks Renault, epic service

you would think the dealers would want the work....they get paid from ruk for it beggers belief really :nope:

you would think the dealers would want the work....they get paid from ruk for it beggers belief really :nope:

I don't think they always do mate.

All the problems I have had with my car RUK have palmed it back to the dealer and some of it has come out of their budget as they sold the car.

For example, the seat and foam I having trouble with at the moment the dealer is footing the bill as warranty are being @rsey.. I think the dealer then looks to claim back their money from warranty or RUK customer service..if they can.

See what your getting at though.

200 Cup

New engine at 10k miles

What was the reason?

On my 200 I got the drivers seatbet replaced as it locked up. Also the drivers door sensor broke so you had to lock via the key/passeger door/boot.

This was all with less than 1k on it lol.

1250 miles - claimed for missing paint on rear and front arches, lacquer drips near headlamps and crimp mark dent on rear 3/4 - fixed under warranty but had to have a battle with the dealer due to cocking up the colour match and trying to make out that the paint never matched and never will. Wouldn't stand for it and took legal advise then all was sorted.

1500 miles - water ingress developing on top of the engine and causing the block to corrode, failed claim due to dealer saying that condensation was causing the issue even though it was only in one area. Had to take to another dealer for 2nd opinion

1750miles - took to 2nd dealer for 2nd opinion on water ingress to engine and also to adjust glovebox due to dropping, adjust headlamp due to rubbing on the front bumper and paint going defective and off-colour on rear bumper. Rubber washer was placed under the jet wash as I believed it was caused by that, headlamp was adjusted and glovebox repaired as best as possible. As for the paintwork they said I caused it by polishing the rear bumper which I have never done, I pointed out the micro-cracks under the paints and they dropped the case and per sued it through Renault.

2250 mile - Paintwork on rear bumper finally repaired by dealer and RUK as a 'gesture of good will.' At this point i have already found 2 dealers who I will never use again for warranty work due to poor customer service and bad attitudes. One being 'Renault Mansfield' and Brian Leightons of Goole.

3400 miles - All good though the brakes stick on in the cold weather, I just leave the handbrake off now so self solved for the time being.

I don't think I will be buying another Renault again due to the poor customer service not the actual car itself, warranty doesn't seem to stand for much with them as my jet washes are out of warranty at 5 months old :/

Honda Integra DC5 or Porsche Cayman for me next :smiley:

Bottom end bearings - developed a "rattle". Manufacturing defect was the likely cause - was full of fresh oil and serviced by a Renault Main dealer only a week previously. RUK was excellent - had a new engine shipped and fitted within 7 days.

What was the reason?

On my 200 I got the drivers seatbet replaced as it locked up. Also the drivers door sensor broke so you had to lock via the key/passeger door/boot.

This was all with less than 1k on it lol.