Warranty - usual issues lol

Help, took my car in for a few things,

Drivers mirror vibrating - Said will replace
Dropped Glovebox - Said will replace
Window Seals - Said will replace

Seat bases rusted and generally rough - have said they will rub down and respray, I am unhappy about this as all the workings springs etc are also rusted and well just think its a get out but they don't want to know and RUK say thats the offer as the "aren't that bad" according to the dealer, but they are dreadful inside and out both seat bases are terrible some surface dusty rust but some heavy bubbled rust too.

Seat bolster worn heavily threaded on drivers lower bolster - Have said this is general wear and tear, have argued with RUK saying its common and the cars under warranty and 25k on the clock thats a joke! ALSO they said both the seat issues they had never heard of before and never seen these issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said its common and all over the forums and she had the audacity to say RUK have never seen it!

Oh was also told it looks like i'm trying to "refurbish" my car as we have had it a month. TBH to me that says it all... refurbishing a 57 plate 25k miles car!!!! and regardless its not down to me its warranty jobs the car falling apart just because the previous guy didn't have a clue, I do.

Clearly my replies were nice and understanding but yeah not sure what to do really.

cheers guys lol :group:

keep on at them. Try a different garage with the seats. If that fails, find the pages over on the RS forum and here and email the links to them.

ive had the same thing this week! apparently we are all liars and renault hardly ever change recaros all they offered me was to pay half for 1 seat base! im gutted about it tbh!
ive sent that david guy from rs a pm and hope he can help!

I just popped to another one today they looked at it 30 seconds later yeah both brand new no problem!

now for the actual boulster..... any ideas cos they claim fair wear and tear, I said I have a 150k miles audi and the sports seat bolsters aren't flat or worn!!!!

could do with getting everyone whos had a problem with the seats to write there reg number down and what renault did for them atleast you could say to them "i have a list of 20 reg numbers with the same problem!"

could do with getting everyone whos had a problem with the seats to write there reg number down and what renault did for them atleast you could say to them "i have a list of 20 reg numbers with the same problem!"

have a look on the forum buddy search for warrenty there is a 12 page thread of what people have had done on warrenty!

have a look on the forum buddy search for warrenty there is a 12 page thread of what people have had done on warrenty!

Yes, but if nobody puts down the registration number or warranty reference number then it's no use to anyone. I argued that many had had the steering wheel done but they said they never heard of it. I asked David at Renaultsport to look into it but they (Renault) said he's nothing to do with customer services.

If you have a warranty issue resolved post it on here with a reference number.

people seem to be missing the point. It's not about using others to make your point . There is a clear warranty written you get it with your car. It details what renault have agreed to provide if you feel they are not honoring it, tell them. If they don'thonor they've broken a contract..plenty of industry bodies advice bureaus lawyers out there. I didn't mention anyone else just me and renault and their warranty. Bear in mind the dealer is not the one else warranting the car tho they sort it. r uk makes warranty decision s. . I got a g towards a retrim btw
Rant Over

No we are not missing the point. Wear and tear is not clear warranty policy, it is open to interpretation. Having a precedent to go by is vital on a legal front. I know personally that precedent removes that interpretation.

It is definitely not a wear and tear issue though.

Everyone knows this and they are having a laugh if they think they can get away with that. Under 2 years old and less than 20k in most cases they would be laughed at in court and they know it.

my point is post after post appears with the same issue - there is a massive thread on the renaultsport forum under ownership experience in relation to recaros. The problem is that they can continue to be stubborn and ignore the threads on their own forum, and argue that each case is different and will be judged on its merits etc etc

I know its frustrating - I had 7 months of it - Just gotta stick with it, chase them again and again until they agree to replace, not because 'other people have had theirs done' but because the quality of workmanship and materials is substandard.

my point is post after post appears with the same issue - there is a massive thread on the renaultsport forum under ownership experience in relation to recaros. The problem is that they can continue to be stubborn and ignore the threads on their own forum, and argue that each case is different and will be judged on its merits etc etc

Mitch, I see where you are coming from but Renault UK have no association with Renaultsport forums. Speak to Customer Services and they have no idea regarding the issues posted there, see David or Jeremy (Mods) and all they offer is Renault Customer Services phone number. I managed to get a 30 minute conversation with Customer Services at Renault and a bloke called Dimos Samsatli went into great detail about how they work. There is zero reference to Renaultsport and the mods there cut no sway with Renault at all. They may be associated with Renault but in what capacity is unknown.

You shouldn't have to post links to get Customer Services to listen. The easiest way to wrangle out of warranty obligation is to call "wear & tear". I would still be nowhere with my melting steering wheel but the video footage of the techs accusing me of self damage embarrassed them into doing something. When the 197 goes I'm moving away purely on the dealer/Renault experience.