Warranty issues

The 200 runs out of warranty on the 2nd of June and I have a few issues I want sorting/looked at , is all listed below likely to be sorted though the warranty or am I likely to be fobed off?

Investigate gearbox (slight crunching) very worried about this

Cruise control speed reduction button works when it wants to

P/S door handle lock works when it wants to

Recaro p/s seat tilt handle cable snapped

A/C inop engine was replaced less than 10k and a/c was recharged I think someone has left a pipe disconnected

P/S front bumper not alined

Both weather strips need replacing

And also the wear on the recaros is excessive

Thanks

The speed limiter has an override on the pedal if you press it down further u will feel a click and it will go further this will cancel the limiter out. The p/s front bumper is probably a broken clip ive got the same with mine. Ive heard this is quite common and the recaros on the bolster do wear away quite quickly ive worn out a brand new side in a year 1/2 I would take it up to renault to see what they can do though its worth a try

The 200 runs out of warranty on the 2nd of June and I have a few issues I want sorting/looked at , is all listed below likely to be sorted though the warranty or am I likely to be fobed off?

Investigate gearbox (slight crunching) very worried about this

Cruise control speed reduction button works when it wants to

P/S door handle lock works when it wants to

Recaro p/s seat tilt handle cable snapped

A/C inop engine was replaced less than 10k and a/c was recharged I think someone has left a pipe disconnected

P/S front bumper not alined

Both weather strips need replacing

And also the wear on the recaros is excessive

Thanks

I would say ask about anything you aren't happy with - that's what your warranty is for.

Not saying you will get it all sorted - It depends on whether it's a warranty item (things like serviceable items often aren't) and also the wear and tear issue is bound to be what they use as an excuse for some things - but have a go.

I've had all the front lights replaced on mine, and one head light twice even though they tried to fob me off - just persevere and speak to a customer service/warranty manager if needed.

Most of that list IMO shouldn't be happening on a car less than 3 years old (trim snapping and seat wear already??). Weather strips they may say is wear and tear but I would argue that they should last more than 3 years!

Alignment will be interesting - seeing as it's a French I find a lot of stuff not aligned both body work and trim.

I think they will have to look at the gearbox and any other engine faults you have.

Will depend on age and mileage as well.

Last edited:
I would speak to a decent dealer mate

i know its a bit of a drive but ring Adam at harratts in wakefield.

Av got a feeling their going to chin me right off for everything except the cruise control and door handle but il keep at them as I know they will eventually have to do something about it or il give RUK a ring

Av got a feeling their going to chin me right off for everything except the cruise control and door handle but il keep at them as I know they will eventually have to do something about it or il give RUK a ring

If you get no joy from the dealer ring Renault UK - my dealer actually told me to call Renault UK for most of my problems as they said you have a better chance of getting things sorted.

My dealer is normally fine but with it being so close to running out I think they might get funny with me but if the do il give RUK a ring there superb they refunded me 280 euros when a German deal had my eyes out

My warranty ran out earlier this month and i had it extended with renault for £230.

Worth that for piece of mind.

Off topic, but did you extend your warranty through your dealer or RUK? That's a good price - I paid £370 to extend my warranty.

Through RUK, i was given a link by one of the renault guys on the renaultsport forum.

Brill, thanks. Mines just ran out (but my dealer said I couldn't extend without a sale!) so I'll give them a ring.

Brill, thanks. Mines just ran out (but my dealer said I couldn't extend without a sale!) so I'll give them a ring.

If you look on renaultsport forum in clio section, the link they gave me is still there, entered car details and given a price right away.

If you look on renaultsport forum in clio section, the link they gave me is still there, entered car details and given a price right away.

Found the details - thanks. I noticed you purchased the warranty online, it might be worth checking exactly what you have purchased as the extended warranty on the RS Clio is priced differently from the standard clio range (£377 vs £233).

Found the prices here: http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/warranties/extendedwarranties.aspx

Found the details - thanks. I noticed you purchased the warranty online, it might be worth checking exactly what you have purchased as the extended warranty on the RS Clio is priced differently from the standard clio range (£377 vs £233).

Found the prices here: http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/warranties/extendedwarranties.aspx

I've seen that now from your link (prices) but i entered my details, reg number etc and it found the right car and only offered me one price.

The paper work has come back and has the right car on it, 'Clio VVT Renaultsport 197' and chassis number correct so looks like i've got a bargain :thumbup:

Going to ask for this link to be made into a sticky as I think alot of people would be really interested in this (the link)