200: *WARNING* to all 200 owners! Everyone should read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this, holy crap that's bad news. Last I heard from you, you were loving the clio.

Just a thought, but are you on a pcp deal? I'm close to the voluntary termination point on my pcp deal so that's an option you could go with. Hand the car back and leave all the bull**** up to them.

I've never used twitter, how does it work? Ill be on there signing up tonight.
I

is it simple to tweet to everyone? Just a simple '@Evomagazine' for example?
@Gez Pretty much yeah. Just find the twitter users name and put it anywhere in your tweet. For example I'm @paddyr650 on Twitter on so if you sent a message with that anywhere in your message body this would appear on my Twitter home page.

Once registered find @clio197dotnet and check out who they follow. The likes of Renault UK, Renault France, performance French cars mag etc. Might take a few tweets but you can link into this thread very easily.

If you need any help just ask.

Last edited:
Hi Gez

If they remove the courtesy car you can borrow my campus if you need to.

Steve

this is why I love this forum, it's not just a forum, it's a community of amazing people. [MENTION=814]Steve Murr[/MENTION] that's fantastic. I'll keep you in mind and updated as this progresses,

Jesus christ mother Mary etc what on earth is going on here? I've just read all 13 pages of this thread and I'm shocked not only by your story Gez (overall issues with your car + Renault approach to this) but with all these problems members in here had with their cars...

Great input from forum members/traders in here and thumps up to you guys. I personally haven't got anything else to add, I only wish you get it sorted ASAP.

Morning [MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION] thanks for your reply, I'm pretty shocked myself tbh, I never thought the issues with other cars were this common either..

Have you asked Renault if they are admitting that all Mk3 clios if not there entire range (with possibly the exception of a Vee) can be destroyed by a small stone?

Sorry to hear this, it's a shocking service (lack of) from the dealership and RUK, although I am not in the least bit surprised, unfortunately.

What was wrong with your aircon, noisey and not working?

I was greeted with a bang from the a/c with all the gas releasing instantly and loud hissing through the dash board.

once that was apparently 'fixed' my a/c pump was still whining, like a worn bearing noise.. which was NOT there before the issue, the car was silent..

To which I refused to take the car off them, to then the mechanic coming out in the car with me and saying "this is normal noise, that will never go, it may quieten down slightly now there's gas in it again"

to which I took his 'professional' advice and hoped it may actually quieten down.

Now a few short weeks later, I'm greeted with this damage.

So he's either missed the problem and not diagnosed it correctly, or he's damaged the car whilst undertaking the heavy amount of front end work that the car has had within these last few months. (Gearbox, Manifold on both seperate occasions)

he even serviced it before giving it back, so it's only that garage that's been under the bonnet of it.

Last edited:
Yup! These are the options;

its either;
1) the Clio 3 range has a defect and all need a recall
(which is highly unlikely as the Clio Cup cars spend half of their time in gravel traps on track with no issues)

2) the mechanic has missed my initial problem with the a/c when I brought it in. And they've handed the car back after giving me 'professional' advice that its fine and the noise is normal

3) negligence by the mechanic and he has damaged the car whilst working on it, servicing it etc.

ive questioned the 'stone' issue, and as said on page 8-9 I was informed by customer services 'its just luck of the draw'

the argument I was given, and I quote again

Chris Boyle 'senior' manager at RUK; "it's the same principles as a tyre, you could replace a tyre and within 2-3 miles you could drive over another nail and puncture it again"

so they're telling me that they're quite happy and don't see any issue if they get engine failures daily....

If that's the case then these Clio's aren't fit to be on the road and everyone should be buying disposable engines??? Who can afford £5.5K rebuilds every 3 miles???

How is he even a 'senior' with a reply like that??? He worked in PPI before Renault customer services, so what knowledge does he have?? An excuse like that, he should be still in school using Lego, and not dealing with expensive metal instead

How can a senior manager at RUK come out with a statement like that, talk about digging that hole deeper and deeper! I've dealt with RUK before after my gearbox went and tbh it was sorted very prompt. In your case though it's pure madness how these so called professionals and managers are trying to pass the book! I genuinely hope you get a positive result soon though. Think this is the first time I've posted on this site, but had to after reading the full thread ha. Good luck!

[MENTION=51229]Gazza23[/MENTION] welcome and thanks for your first post! :smile:

exactly, I've never heard such an insulting remark as to think I'd accept that as an answer!? Pure insulting

I was greeted with a bang from the a/c with all the gas releasing instantly and loud hissing through the dash board.

once that was apparently 'fixed' my a/c pump was still whining, like a worn bearing noise.. which was NOT there before the issue, the car was silent..

To which I refused to take the car off them, to then the mechanic coming out in the car with me and saying "this is normal noise, that will never go, it may quieten down slightly now there's gas in it again"

to which I took his 'professional' advice and hoped it may actually quieten down.

Now a few short weeks later, I'm greeted with this damage.

So he's either missed the problem and not diagnosed it correctly, or he's damaged the car whilst undertaking the heavy amount of front end work that the car has had within these last few months. (Gearbox, Manifold on both seperate occasions)

he even serviced it before giving it back, so it's only that garage that's been under the bonnet of it.

Ah right, I reckon they fecked it and are covering from the sounds of it. My aircon currently is as cool as Susan Boyles sweaty gusset and also very noisey, but not whiney, so hoping just needs a re-gas then. Concerned that a failed aircon unit can wipe the engine out like it has yours??

Edit: error in the writing on my behalf

@TB Rich the failure has meant the alternator belt has gone up into the timing belt casing, which has caused all of this damage, so yes.. Something as easy as that has caused all of this, an alternator belt.

Last edited:
Inadequate casing then around the timing belt if a failed aux belt can bugger it. Can't believe Renault are not accepting a warranty claim though.

Can you take some putty and get a shape of the imprint on the damaged pulley? Might show if it's shaped like the end of a spanner perhaps?
I'm guessing the damaged pulley has essentially cut the belt which has then flailed about causing the damage?

Gez let's put up are own Facebook page and make it open for comments on the from previous customers from Callow& Marsh [MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] I think RUK might have a few messages on twitter about this in the morning lol

Status
Not open for further replies.