200: *WARNING* to all 200 owners! Everyone should read

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read this Gez how crap pal i really feel for you bud and i hope Renault get there Arses in gear and sort it for you bud

Read the first page only so don't know if you've sorted this now. But going from the first post that's absolutely disgusting from Renault, I've had a few similar run ins with RUK where one day they agree to take action then completely turn around.

As for their workmanship I'd rather take it to Kwik fit, my megs still under 4 months warranty but I repair things myself and take the bullet on cost to save it visiting renault.

Cheers for the input Ben. Nope, I'm still in the exact same situation as when I've started this thread. Hoping to hear something back today

This is all thats showing on the system for a new engine, I can't see an option for a recon !

Part No: Quantity:
Part Number 8201227089 Available in France
Description ENGINE F4RA8P8
Replaced by: 0000000000
RRP 4 991,74 GBP

[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION], im so sorry to hear this, ive have nothing but problems with my Rs200! my car is a 62 plate! but thankfully after persistence they have all been rectified! here is a screenshot of the warranty work my car has currently had. its also currently having a New driversside recaro and steering wheel currently

1476526_10152091100328894_1062194506_n.jpg

i hope this gets sorted for you as soon as possible mate,

Recon compressor

Part Number 7711497516 AVAILABLE
Description COMPRESSOR EX
RRP 396,38 GBP

New compressor

Part Number 8200940235 Available in France
Description COMPRESSEUR CA
RRP 916,77 GBP

All prices are full retail and + vat

Cheers for your reply buddy @wayne88 seems there's a few people that are having issues, I think this thread is a good highlighting point for people to air their issues.
@smithandroper I'm shocked as to how bad Callow Marsh

Last edited:
Engineer now booked in and going to inspect and do a report on the diagnosis Renault have made

Cheers for your reply buddy @wayne88 seems there's a few people that are having issues, I think this thread is a good highlighting point for people to air their issues.
@smithandroper I'm shocked as to how bad Callow Marsh Renaults insults are getting,
when I questioned about a complete engine I had a reply stating
"if you want a complete engine replaced, it's going to cost MUCH more than £5,500!

When quite clearly, a full engine replacement is CHEAPER!

These are really boiling my piss now

engine price is + vat and fitting don't forget. Just pointing that out.

not sure if your quote was + vat and labour also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about the OPs or problem and hope it gets rectified soon.

I'm having some issues too at the moment and, as a first time Renault buyer of a brand new 200, I will never return to the brand based on the handling of my cases.
[MENTION=62]Wayne[/MENTION], that's a long list of problems. Mine was one of the last 200s to be delivered too-wondering if something went wrong at the end of production.

What is "lower eng mobile towing equip"?

Thanks.

@Gez, im so sorry to hear this, ive have nothing but problems with my Rs200! my car is a 62 plate! but thankfully after persistence they have all been rectified! here is a screenshot of the warranty work my car has currently had. its also currently having a New driversside recaro and steering wheel currently

View attachment 9740

i hope this gets sorted for you as soon as possible mate,

engine price is + vat and fitting don't forget. Just pointing that out.

not sure if your quote was + vat and labour also.

My quote seems its including VAT. But not labour.

Im assuming that removing/refitting and engine is much quicker than stripping parts down, rebuilding the engine and then re-fitting? I can imagine the labour hours would be massive at the end

I'm having some issues too at the moment and, as a first time Renault buyer of a brand new 200, I will never return to the brand based on the handling of my cases.
@Wayne, that's a long list of problems. Mine was one of the last 200s to be delivered too-wondering if something went wrong at the end of production.

Thanks.
[MENTION=5958]_Ben_[/MENTION] new engine mate

@Wayne, that's a long list of problems. Mine was one of the last 200s to be delivered too-wondering if something went wrong at the end of production.

Thanks.

also mine is the recorded last right hand drive rs200 off the production line,

Jesus.. That's bad!

I've found Callow Marsh on Facebook too.. So it would have been rude not to let everyone on Facebook know the garage issues..

This garage completely ruins Renaults reputation.. Shame what just one garage can do

What no twitter? Would have thought you would have tweeted this to every car magazine going tbh

I've never used twitter, how does it work? Ill be on there signing up tonight.

is it simple to tweet to everyone? Just a simple '@Evomagazine' for example?

Nice. Seems crazy to have metal filings in the engine - wonder what investigation Renault does in these cases, presumably the faulty unit would go back to Dieppe where it would be investigated?

After they finished screwing it all back together, did it feel the same? Any damage to the engine bay?

also mine is the recorded last right hand drive rs200 off the production line,

Status
Not open for further replies.