200: *WARNING* to all 200 owners! Everyone should read

Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] whoever is running the 197 twitter account has tweeted everyone asking them to retweet everyone, between me and one of my friends that's over 1500 people.

re tweeted

I also had an engine change after catastrophic engine failure at 2 months old and 1500 miles.

Arnold clark Stirling bodged it back together it wouldn't go in a straight line and under braking it dived sharply to one side, I got Renault UK, Arnold clark customer services and RCI finance all involved and after months of banging my head off a brick wall I traded it in at a £5000 loss to myself as I was getting no where, I had bought the car as a track toy and couldn't do any renaultsport track days in it because of the issue I tried to explain it to them and all I got from them was the threat of voiding my warranty due to the car having been bought for track use.

Don't think it will be long until these Renaultsport track days will stop, doesn't seem half the cars are built even for a daily commute, without track... Break just by encountering a 'stone' on the road apparently..

What's all this talk of 5k replacing engine due to a few bent valves ? If it's just valve damage it could be fixed for 1k ish , even if head is damaged a recon head is around 800 pounds with cams etc as long as the bottem end is ok I don't see how it could cost any were ner 5k

So it seems Callow Marsh Renault of Hereford don't take to bad feedback well on their Facebook page...
Rather than rectifying the problem, no comment was made as to why I've had this experience, my comments were just removed and stopped from commenting on their page.. So their customers 'reviews' are chosen by themselves if they're removing all bad feedback.

this garage will be on ther knees by the time I'm done with publishing their bad garage work on all social sites. I'm also on twitter now :smile: so that's having a battering later

Soloution - Make the post in word or copy the text before submitting, to keep the body of text. Post to FB page. Screen shot. When they delete, post on the wall querying it. Attach the screenshot of you posting it. Screen shot that.
Then blast those pics across FB / Forums / Twitter using there name to appear in Google searches, Tag to pages + share to others, (Any FB car pages people on here are on) Will get around and then they have no control.

And nice going on the Twitter ReTweets. Get it retweeted by Top Gear, Evo, Chris Harris, etc will be everwhere pretty quickly :wink:

And just because I find this kind of interesting and have been learning about material damage and failures, I am almost tempted to disprove their diagnosis completey by doing the numbers for it.
If that pulley is aluminium? then there is a required force to damage the surface, under materials testing there are certain tests that are done to asertain these values and determine if the material is safe for its intended application, (Vickers test springs to mind but dont hold me to that).

To pluck some numbers out, saying the aluminum required a force of 50kg per cm^2 then the stone's mass + velocity would have to exceed that value (of 50Kg). Going on the so far no evidence of stone entry (damage to any surrouding plastics) then the stone would have to be very small, meaning the velocity would have to be greatly increased, which is unlikely. OR the stone would have to be larger, but that would lead to visible evidence of entry and exit.
My above assumptions may be completly incorrect (and the numbers are just plucked out the air), and if there is someone more qualified please correct me, here to learn :wink:

Ed

I'm still shocked/surprised by this, my mate's 200 had the living crap kicked out of it from day 1, it did about 30+track days, first he knackered the gearbox, fixed under warranty no issue, then the engine went bang spectacularly (con rod came out the engine and was found on the road!)

all warranty stuff done by Renault Solihull, they were a bit funny at first because the car had 2 services plus 2 oil changes from me (ie it had never been to a dealer for servicing) but as soon as i proved the car had had genuine parts plus the correct spec oil (RN710) new engine ordered and fitted no issue!

he then traded it in LOL

Renault are struggling enough as it is trying to sell the 200T, they don't do themselves any favours!!! If this was an Audi etc it'd be fixed in 3days no quibbles!

[MENTION=1425]Fred@btm[/MENTION] many thanks for coming on here and posting, means a lot.

Exactly, my car has always been with Renault for everything, servicing, the whole lot. So these excuses and refusals are just down right rude, the amount of places this thread has been posted, Facebook, Twitter, other car forums, it's going to have a MASSIVE detrimental affect on Renault.

"External influence" such as a slipped hand holding a tool for instance?

Oh no hang on it was 100% a "stone" which we can not actually find or prove but callow marsh are correct and not trying to cover anything up. Honest.

Appalled no one from callow marsh or should that be callous morons has the dogs to own up to an accident.

So it cost them to put it right but so what.

Hope your viral campaign gets it sorted ASAP + compo such a full reject and refund.

Just seen this posted on Cliosport. What a joke. I've not seen anyone else report this since 2005/6 when this engine design started being used in the 197 (and carried on to the 200) so why now?

Well i can tell you 100% what happened without even seeing the car! The car had an AC pump replaced under warranty, what powers the AC pump? BINGO the aux belt, and what holds the AC pump onto the engine? BINGO, bolts! and what did mr mechanic forget to do? BINGO!! tighten up said bolt/s and or possibly leave a tool in there

In other words, it cannot be proven what caused it, i'd be checking the AC pump bolts are all present ASAP, or even better get some GOOD (ie NOT a bloody camera phone) pics, if a bolt has hit it it'll be obvious

also here's a question, think paper scissors rock, what wins out of steel and rock???

Why do clio cup cars not blow up when they crash into GRAVEL PITS on circuit?

fred, its had a new alternator under warranty, not an a/c pump, however, as i have said above, the car had an a/c issue just a few weeks ago with a pump whine, and they HAVE NOT replaced it, due to nothing being wrong with it.. even with a whine.. shocking.

Following this thread daily, what a cowardly thing renault are doing. Hope you get the outcome you deserve fella.

Cheers [MENTION=50865]RichJ[/MENTION]

I'll be keeping this updated always

Just read this entire thread, what a joke, I'll get on twitter myself in a minute and hunt down and re-tweet the relevant posts. I do hope you get this sorted!!

Edit; more tweets sent out to media pages etc...

Last edited:
Just read this entire thread, what a joke, I'll get on twitter myself in a minute and hunt down and re-tweet the relevant posts. I do hope you get this sorted!!

Edit; more tweets sent out to media pages etc...

+1 this, fire over your Twitter username and I'll retweet it.

Put this on Renualsport UK FB page. See what they have to say.

and Renault Sport FB page....... and Renault UK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.