Walker's Gordini - Number 8

wow..you have done lots mate..the car must feel miles better after all your tlc..hope you 2 get along for a long time to come..they are perfect little cars..enjoy

Reactions: Walker2686
Good to see this thread up! I like what you have done to the car. I'm also the only person I know who really really likes the Gordini wheels with the blue inserts. When I was looking for a Clio that was my ultimate specification. Sadly most had been replaced with Speedline wheels. Ended up with a non Gordini anyway.
Love your car!

Cheers. Yeah you said on my other thread! I'm with you and do like the wheels as standard but they could do with tidying up, I think it probably could be done at a decent place to keep them standard but will have to get it priced up.. I'm not a fan of the Speedlines at all to be honest, I prefer the style of these wheels in solid colours.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nice job! However no one has mentioned the yellow stuff pads habits of destroying themselves on trackdays, not very good at all and you won’t find a set in a Clio on here that does trackdays, Ferodo ds2500 generally are the goto pad for upgrades (just saying so you don’t find out the hard way and ask why no one said!)
Thanks!

Yeah I did a lot of research into pads and I've read bad things about the DS2500 as well, alot of dust, crumbling around the edges and poor performance on the road as well as noise so wouldn't be my first choice although I've read alot on here have them.. And I've also read great things about the EBC on PH as well as some posts on here and they don't destroy themselves apparently so we'll see! From general road use since fitting them they seem great from cold and under reasonably firm breaking. Even when I do go on track they're not going to get hammered as I probably won't be going that quickly!!

I was discussing them with the guys at Bram Racing who rate them massively and have used them plenty on track with no issues and commended my choice of pads.

wow..you have done lots mate..the car must feel miles better after all your tlc..hope you 2 get along for a long time to come..they are perfect little cars..enjoy
Thanks Pav. Yeah lots done and it does feel great now to the point where it feels 'finished' for now anyway!

I can't help thinking about an Akropovic down the line though

The car is a daily for now as we're trying to save to move house but once that's sorted it might be that I have it as a 2nd car for fun and track days etc

Reactions: Pav
Back from holiday now last night with a filthy car thanks to the Mrs and Kids [emoji85].

So a few jobs today starting with cleaning inside and out. I absolutely hate washing my own cars and despite loving this one it hasn't made me enjoy it anymore and I never seem to be able to get it very clean. I like a clean car but I'm not into detailing at all. I think I'll just keep paying the 5er to get it done at the local hand car wash!

Wheels off to finally clean around under the arches, all the mud and crud etc, testing out my new presher washer replacement.

Fitted my new brake pins, applied the new Brembo decals and touched up a couple of chips on the calipers as well. All looking ok now.

Just eyeing my first track day now hopefully in the next few weeks. 3c85408cd3facef69342b1bcd7e7a8bc.jpg74837818830bd9f8bdd2c3ef8b003838.jpg7a25024f8b9d869ce5d2ebcef9268ae3.jpgfdae118e9de67a4000a9df1a3a811307.jpgf6c2dabcff628ec60645a7309b676a49.jpg0fc63c1c253fe347feb3a9318f77e9cd.jpgd40d4c9f4976fcc9421f3226522efc4b.jpge5930cde40c41fcdd5ea923f9fe2bd4d.jpg

Picked these wheels up yesterday for a good price off one of the FB groups.. they're not too bad condition wise and probably better than my Gordini's! I do like the look of these standard alloys as well..

IMG_20180830_132745.jpg

IMG-20180830-WA0008.jpeg

Just need to clean them up nicely.

They've got Uniroyal Rainsports on them with 2 nearly new tyres and 2 with about 3-4mm of tread left. So I'm keeping both sets and I'm thinking swap onto the new ones and run the Rainsports over the autumn/winter.. getting my Gordini rims refurbed after Xmas ready for spring/summer with my Eagle F1s for road use? Then once the Rainsports have all worn down replace them with track tyres and run the anthracite rims for track days.

It'll just be a decision on what to do with the standard Gordini ones.. get them refurbished original, or change colour? I know @Johnny 99 will say original!

Reactions: Big Ben
Put the new wheels on to see what they look like and I must admit I do like them!

Not sure about the Gordini white mirrors and blade with them though.. thoughts? e4e3cc6d44aacc308ce7227eb67239a3.jpg987ce98ba641d9b1b2be678894a3f0c1.jpgc7b0ef1b5083517e6d25db6cf6f7f50d.jpg631c7becdc0208a89882e2620a4a6053.jpg

Reactions: Sean197
Nice car mate. At first I wasn't sure of the Gordini's in photos then I saw one in the flesh which changed my mind.
Cheers mate. I loved this as soon as I saw it!
Is that the new shape Clio centre caps you have on the alloys?
I don't know to be honest.. they came with the wheels! I know they're different to the ones on my other wheels as they've got the silver edging on them. The colour is the same as the wheels.

Reactions: Walker2686
Think the blades ok in white not sure on the mirrors though.

Albi and anthracite a winning combination. I’m not biased in any way!
It's Malta blue [emoji12] but yeah I do like the blue and anthracite

I'm still undecided on them.. might just leave them [emoji848]

Reactions: Big Ben
Cleared my garage out and moved some stuff around (and hung stuff up) over the last few days to create space to get the car in!

It's a big garage so plenty of space and I've managed to maintain nearly all of my gym space which is a plus!

Should be able to tinker and maintain under cover now when the weather takes a turn for the worse..

97a2106609681082b694cdcfe3130011.jpg7fef90e3a7c75486af65f39380c2249f.jpgd82383fe61a89c95db93bfa54f807032.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions