Walker's Gordini - Number 8

It's Malta blue [emoji12] but yeah I do like the blue and anthracite

I'm still undecided on them.. might just leave them [emoji848]

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Haha my bad!! Don’t think I’ve seen one in the flesh so I’m using that as my excuse:tearsofjoy:

It's fixed! Auxiliary/drive belt was fucked! So I've followed the guide and swapped it for a new one and surprise the noise has gone! £19 Now to sort a track day or 2 before Xmas... IMG_20180911_133056.jpg

What's annoying is that I bought the car from an Arnold Clark in May and they supposedly changed the cambelt.. why on earth would they not change this as well?? The rubber was perished all over. Makes me dubious about the cambelt now.. I was already annoyed at the state of the discs.. think I might have to contact them to complain.

glad you managed to find out the issue..some people dont do it as part of cam belt change..dont ask me why..i dont get it either..so easy and cheap..

Reactions: Walker2686
It's fixed! Auxiliary/drive belt was fucked! So I've followed the guide and swapped it for a new one and surprise the noise has gone! £19 Now to sort a track day or 2 before Xmas... View attachment 128415

What's annoying is that I bought the car from an Arnold Clark in May and they supposedly changed the cambelt.. why on earth would they not change this as well?? The rubber was perished all over. Makes me dubious about the cambelt now.. I was already annoyed at the state of the discs.. think I might have to contact them to complain.

looking at that i would be checking to make sure it has a new cambelt fitted!!!

So nothing new mod wise in the last month.. but the Gordini sailed through its MOT last week with no advisories at all [emoji108]

I've done 6k miles now since I got the car so I've just this morning done an interim oil change. I was going to have a look at getting under it to do it via the sump plug and change the filter but for this one I decided to go for a dipstick vacuum pump for ease instead. The garage will do the filter etc at 12k anyway.

Took hardly any time and pretty much got all the 5.2l out. Cost me less to do it this way than taking it somewhere and I've got the kit forever now as well [emoji106]af686842883a921e07e1010060c3591f.jpge0b8dbaa0c2c419a248a69b183353369.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Similar Thread Suggestions