URGENT HELP! Week old Clio wont start!

Anyone please help... my new Clio 200Cup wont start!!

I turn the key and there are zero electrics, its locks and unlocks ok (indicators dont flash). When turning the key there is a whiring noise from near the battery which I assume is some alternator/motor starting up...

The alarm hasn't been set off, so it shouldn't be the immobiliser.
Today it was moved using the spare key, but started fine and there were no issues... now neither key works and it is completely dead (other than the central locking working - thank god)

HELP! Im stranded if I dont get it going...

sounds like a battery problem mate u need tp=o get some1 to jump it. then drive it to the local dealer and leave it there till the morning

yes renault assistance look at ure drivers side visor ring that number.

Doing some research it seems some of the older clio's had problems with the alternator where it wasn't charging the battery.... guessing it might be this?

Jumping it will be very hard as Im on my own and its pointing up hill with a lampost about 12 inchs from the rear bumper! Grrrr!!!!

right well id say ring renault assistance they will sort you out

yes renault assistance look at ure drivers side visor ring that number.

Yeah I think thats best...

When I collected the car the salesman showed me the battery when doing the hand over and said that these batteries have a small window to show its charge; Green = Charged... and its green...

Not happy! 1 week old!

I'm pretty sure all new Renaults come with free roadside assistance. The number should be on the inside of the windscreen, on tax disc holder or something similar.
[Just noticed this has already been mentioned above]

Last edited:
Does anyone know if using jump leads can damage anything? A friend seems to think they can cause the immobiliser to kick in... and possibly damage it?

Anyone else heard of this?

to be 100% mate phone renault assist as i said
you dont want to f--k it up

jump leads wont damage any engine mate it just turns the engine over.

i'm pretty sure all new renaults come with free roadside assistance. The number should be on the inside of the windscreen, on tax disc holder or something similar.
[just noticed this has already been mentioned above]

do this on my clio its on the underside of the sun visor.

Just phoned Renault assistance... they are on their way.

Not sure if I should give the jump leads a go, if I get it started then chances are Renault assistance wont think there is anything wrong and wont take it away to be looked at... and the problem will come back another day, but I need the car for work....

Think I just answered my own question there!

I wouldn't touch it if they are on their way mate, let them deal with it. Bit of a bummer considering the car is brand new.

I wouldn't touch it if they are on their way mate, let them deal with it. Bit of a bummer considering the car is brand new.

Your telling me!

Thinking about it, it behaved odd this morning... I parked in a reserved space at the car park and had to move it, when I started it the dash had almost every warning light on... the big STOP light was on aswell, abs and other messages were coming up on the trip computer and there was no power steering.

I turned it off and on again and all was well... had forgot about it till just now.

See what they say, might be something simple. Sorry to hear of your problem though mate. Hopefully it'll be sorted quick and that'll be it!