URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hi all, my Clio 197 had been a curse to me since the day I had it. Despite this I absolutely love the car to bits! Would you kind people possibly be able to advise me on something? I bought the car back in January from a dealer and tonight the car completely broke down, had the AA come and have a look and said basically part of the bottom half of the engine is fucked and that it's gonna cost a hell of a lot to repair. Almost need a whole new engine. I definitely do not have 2-3 grand to spend on it anymore. And the car has only done 60,000 miles! Now could anyone tell me what my rights in relation to getting money back from the dealer are? How would I go about this? Thanks very much for any answers!

Does the vehicle have any form of service history? How was the vehicle advertised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a highly detailed one simply just a sheet with the dates it had been serviced. And I bought it of autotrader, was advertised in excellent condition.

Well a thousand is a start, although it still leaves you with a lot to find... Have you spoken to the dealer about it, what was their response?

You don't hear of many terminal engine failures on these cars, so it is strange that it's happened. Did the AA guy give you any idea what had caused it?

Yeah he sounded, pretty nervous on the phone this morning when I rung him. He's going to pay for a more in depth diagnosis of what is actually wrong then depending on what's wrong he's going to get it towed back all the way to Southampton from Bath then I'll see where it goes from there. No the AA guy couldn't say much. Sounds like the dealer knows the law and my consumer rights. So I'm a bit more relieved now.

That's some positive news then - at least the dealer is willing to help you out and is sympathetic to your situation. I hope it all works out well for you, especially because you love the car so much - it would be great to get it back to full health, stress free, so you can carry on enjoying it!

Reactions: MylesLocke22