Ultra Red 197

could do a massive favour? could you put one of the roange wheels next to the car and take a photo? Been trying to think of a good colour to go aalong side red and really not getting anywhere. Orange had crossed my mind. Orange alloys and some orange bits here and there. Not sure it would work but would be nice to see orange on red to see if it makes us puke or not?

Found out red is a bugger of a colour to match anything with. Red/White, Red/Black, Red/Grey ... boring, been done million times.

kinda gotta away from me there, anyway, cheers!

Wheels aren't orange now they are anthracite, sorry fella!!
I want a random colour for when I start to do trackdays?

Lime green seems quite popular these days and will stick out even on red.

Could go old skool and get some gold!

new headlights fitted, will get better pictures on my slr, haven't had chance to give it a wash and get some pictures taken, gets dark to early :worried:

Chuffed with headlights, looks 10x better.

Car is going in monday to have diamonds done black, and a few little "touch ups" to make it mint, which should make it look even better, not sure whether to get bullets done as well, what you reckon?

Received brand new discs and ferodo ds2500 pads from a mate for the large some of.... £40 LOL, going to get these fitted after xmas, as hopefully I will be getting braided hoses and some upgraded brake fluid, as i'm planning on doing a trackday or 2 next year!

2x pictures to show difference.

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Had cambelt aux belt waterpump and service today, car feels great all in all cost me about 380-400, one big weight off my shoulders now, what next do you people think h&r springs with cup dampers orrrrr cup spoiler???

Think I'm in love with car again now :smile:

Alsooo got some braided lines, ferodo pads and new front discs to fit, ready for first track day next year :wink:

Springs & Dampers. :wink:

Function over form!!! Where did you have the work done Luke?

I'm on track with a few mates on 20.01.12 at Oulton Park,it's with ClubMSV, Open Pitlane format and it's ''only'' £119. Fancy joining us?

That's probably a bit soon for me dude as I want to make sure car is taxed (due in January) brakes all fitted and other bits are sorted before I go ahead and book one, cheers for asking though!! Did your car completely change by your new set up? Like handling? Would you say it's better on the road and track?

Oh and it was done at a local place in Stourbridge, always use them and so does Roy! They both got Renault sports so no everything about them!!

Have a real soft spot for red 197s. Think its coz they were the first one I seen.

I'd say go for the springs and dampers option.

Have a real soft spot for red 197s. Think its coz they were the first one I seen.

I'd say go for the springs and dampers option.

That's what I'm swaying towards now, I really need to get out and take some pictures with my dslr!

Did your car completely change by your new set up? Like handling? Would you say it's better on the road and track?

No probs mate, if Santa brings you some money for Christmas and you fancy joining us then just give me a shout. :smile:

I've not been on track with this setup yet, but on road there's a definite improvement. It's a stiff setup, but it's not STIFF, it depends what you like and what you're used to but I don't find it any harsher over speed bumps etc., and in fact it seems to deal with little pocks in the road better than the FF setup. When pushing on there's less roll now and the rear feels less like it's skipping along trying to keep up, more planted all round. There's also less pitch under hard braking, it really did surprise me how much of a difference it's made... January will be the first track outing since it all went on and going off how it is on the road I'm expecting it to be very good on track. :smile:

Haven't posted in here for agesssss!!

Got my mot tomorrow, also getting fitted new pads and discs and new pins from Mr pink off of here!

I'm also having a new rear caliper fitted as mine was seizing when I put my handbrake on :worried: there also going to clean the calipers down as well, so it should bring back a lot of sharpness to my brakes!

Going to give her a clean in the morning before my mot (always think it helps having a nice clean car) I'll take some pictures as well, I've just brought a new polarised filter for my camera so the sun will be no problem!

I'm looking to get some h&rs 40/30s in the next month!

Passed mot today!

But I need new handbrake cables both sides as the cables are perished at the moment, there ok at the moment, but will get them changed next week.

Had my new discs and pads fitted as well, and also pins off mr pink, they also cleaned my calipers down, and wow what a difference, I will defiantly be cleaning my brakes down a couple times a year, they feel so much sharper!

Going to have a proper detailing session in the weekend with the following products:
Wash with gold class shampoo
Tardis
Wash
Clay megiuars clay kit (ordering some auto finesse clay mind you)
Wash
Auto finesse tripple (brilliant stuff to work by hand and cheap)
2x layers of collinite 845

Pictures to follow :wink:

Then I'll work on the wheels next week.

I've also got a spare caliper so I'm going to have a go at a good method of getting them sprayed up so I can do mine in the future.

Sorry for rambling on :tongueout:

Makes a big old difference having clean brakes doesn't it!?! :smile:

What colour are you thinking for the calipers?

I was gonna just go red, but isn't that what everyone does, wonder what black with red brembo stickers would be like?