Turbo Clio 200 prices

As a 197/200 owner, do you THINK you would buy a 200T based on current knowledge?

• Total voters
I think you're right, those white ones look great, not so keen on the black though.

Yeah, I agree too, the right colour and spec will make or break these cars. They are warming on me, I still won't be getting one though.

Whoah.. pretty high price tag i say. Interesting to see how much it will cost here in Finland because my 197 cost 2007 35.000euros(27 226£).
And if i have to choose between focus st and clio rs.. it will be real simple. Focus.

Though the diffuser needs to be painted black.

Is it this summer these come out? Hopefully by the time we come to buy ours, the facelift (Remapped version with Recaros) will be available.

Really? Is that all it takes to make it a great drivers car? For me, a gear stick and a clutch pedal just get in the way of a good drive.

REALLY!!!??? do you read EVO lol....these cars are celebrated because they have a manual box, same goes for the gt3. Manual makes things more of challenge meaning that when you get it right its more rewarding. Put it this way, in flappy box if you go into corner in too higher gear its no big deal, just flick the paddle and its sorted. No such luxury in a manual. No flappy box'd car can be a true drivers car IMO.

The new clio is going to be head and shoulders above the 197/200. People need to deal with it! 18 - 22k is the going rate for a hot hatch surely????

Define better? If you mean lap time then yeah it will most likely be faster, but as i drivers car we'll have to wait for the road test etc but it doesn;t have the ingredients to be from what we've seen.

I hope i'm proven wrong and the new 200T is an epic car, as i want renault sport to do well but at the moment its not looking promising, but time will tell.

To be fair in these sneak photo's I don't think it looks that bad. I've always said I think the looks will grow on people...

DSC01421_zpsa65b2afb.png

DSC01423_zps626719d4.jpg

These pics look much nicer than the Yellow one in the mags (I love LY) and I agree the car will be very colour sensitive. I'm going to stick my neck out and say the white car looks nice, but it still doesn't have the visual impact that a bespoke wide body has

dont forget its only a 197/200 underneath - its using the same chassis/floorpan

I didn't know that. I assume then that it will be smaller in the flesh than the pictures make it out to be.

the new rs is lower a bit wider than a 200 - we saw the new next to a 200 at harrats wakefield the other month..

but esentially its still clio3 underneath - they have probably used new high strength light weight steels in the body chassis to reduce weight but that wont help the rs as the dct will be alot heavier than a standard manual

REALLY!!!??? do you read EVO lol....these cars are celebrated because they have a manual box, same goes for the gt3. Manual makes things more of challenge meaning that when you get it right its more rewarding. Put it this way, in flappy box if you go into corner in too higher gear its no big deal, just flick the paddle and its sorted. No such luxury in a manual. No flappy box'd car can be a true drivers car IMO.

Define better? If you mean lap time then yeah it will most likely be faster, but as i drivers car we'll have to wait for the road test etc but it doesn;t have the ingredients to be from what we've seen.

I hope i'm proven wrong and the new 200T is an epic car, as i want renault sport to do well but at the moment its not looking promising, but time will tell.

By better I mean, faster, lighter, better equipped, better mpg, better interior. I'm with you on the auto box. Not a fan myself but I've yet to drive a bad RS.

The problem with the 200T I reckoln is that it doesn't look special. Yeah, it looks really good, and will undoubtedly age the 197/100. However, when I drive around my 197, people will still think 'what is that?', while the new clio RS could easily just be a standard clio

By better I mean, faster, lighter, better equipped, better mpg, better interior. I'm with you on the auto box. Not a fan myself but I've yet to drive a bad RS.

So where is the ''driver's car'' factor on the above?

You are spot on there mate, you really are. But personally I didn't buy my 197 for mpg, neither for the interior nor for its technology/equipment (or lack of). MK4 being faster....well, RS3 is faster than 135M on track but BMW gives the smiles while the audi understeers like crazy so again, mk4 being faster doesn't say a thing to me.

I'm not saying the new clio's handling will be awful of course, far from that, but as a fact it lacks the basic ingredients as Roger200 said so it can't be as rewarding as the mk3 one.

I understand Renault's move of course, but that doesn't mean it appeals to me, and to loads of other people according to what I read on several forums...

Has Renault got it wrong? Time will tell, I'd say yes.

..the car in the pick looks very dull, infact it looks like a standard clio....20k is too much....very dissapointing....looks like I'll be heading for a Meg 265 or going over to Ford next car....

i came from an ibiza cupra dsg 1.4tsi remapped. its was fast.... in a straight line, changing gear is miliseconds and flappy paddles were a hoot also gave around 40mpg . Previously though had a clio 200, strangely im back in a clio 200 - so that says a lot. As long as they have kept the feel 'real' and not removed the drivers sensation by making it soft and manufactured (sound etc) it will be a good car. More than likely better mpg and tax and just as quick in the bends. If they have taken a leaf out of the vag group and its as good and quick as changing gear as the new 7 speed or even 8 speed dsg's then it will be good.

As long as the engine is strong and it doesn fry the 4th cylinder like vxr's under standard or blow the engine with oil issues like some vag tsi engines it will offer very good aftermakret gains which will appeal in time to a lot of enthusiasts

Would i buy one now.... at that price.... no way. Perhaps in 2 - 3 years

NB - im sure i read somewhere that the new clio turbos have been taken on a track which currently the cup racers do and they are proving to be a 1 second or so quicker than current. I might have dreamt that but pretty sure i read it online somewhere...

Last edited:
So where is the ''driver's car'' factor on the above?

You are spot on there mate, you really are. But personally I didn't buy my 197 for mpg, neither for the interior nor for its technology/equipment (or lack of). MK4 being faster....well, RS3 is faster than 135M on track but BMW gives the smiles while the audi understeers like crazy so again, mk4 being faster doesn't say a thing to me.

I'm not saying the new clio's handling will be awful of course, far from that, but as a fact it lacks the basic ingredients as Roger200 said so it can't be as rewarding as the mk3 one.

I understand Renault's move of course, but that doesn't mean it appeals to me, and to loads of other people according to what I read on several forums...

Has Renault got it wrong? Time will tell, I'd say yes.

not so much renault but WE are the WRONG customers now for the clio4 rs...

they want some of the audi/bmw/mini/vw "premium small sports hatch" market - not the macdonalds carpark brigade :rofl:

not so much renault but WE are the WRONG customers now for the clio4 rs...

they want some of the audi/bmw/mini/vw "premium small sports hatch" market - not the macdonalds carpark brigade :rofl:

I'mm have you know i'm a kfc (popcorn) man my self, far more up market.