Turbo Clio 200 prices

As a 197/200 owner, do you THINK you would buy a 200T based on current knowledge?

• Total voters
This all comes down to what each persons objectives are when buying. If you use it as a daily and prefer the more mpg, 5 door practicalilty etc etc then the new 200T is undoubtedly better. However, if you use you 197/200 on track and as a toy or are very much into having a 'drivers' car irrespective of the shortfalls in practicality then 200T just doesn't cut it (from the evidence so far). I'm sure it will sell, its just that i doubt many, if any, will be buying it as a second/fun involving toy (like me)

Very well put.

On the subject of the brakes, maybe the marketing bods at Renault thought the important focus was on size rather then the brand. Saying it has 330mm brakes will sound a lot more sporty to the non petrolhead than saying its got Brembos.

With European sales of new cars hitting rock bottom Renault do have to appeal to a much wider market. I'm sure they will gain more sales than they will lose tbh.

Very well put.

On the subject of the brakes, maybe the marketing bods at Renault thought the important focus was on size rather then the brand. Saying it has 330mm brakes will sound a lot more sporty to the non petrolhead than saying its got Brembos.

With European sales of new cars hitting rock bottom Renault do have to appeal to a much wider market. I'm sure they will gain more sales than they will lose tbh.

they have gone up in size (diameter) due to the poorer caliper design...

even on the ruk website they admit that the brakes wont be as good as the brembos for track work.....:oops:

they have gone up in size (diameter) due to the poorer caliper design...

even on the ruk website they admit that the brakes wont be as good as the brembos for track work.....:oops:

Yeah but your aren't going to be tracking it with 2.4 children in the back... :tongueout:anic:

So... Went to the motor show in Brussels.

200T with cup chassis, sirius yellow, parking sensors at the back and European cards for the satnav.

22 975 GBP, with reduction 19 950 GBP. Going to the dealer might give you some more, but nothing really significant I think.

... :blush:hmy:

Have to say, rather dissapointed. I won't discuss about the looks because that's rather personal, but I'm not a (big) fan of it. The "wow" factor is a bit gone. And the plastics being used... I'm sorry Renault, but that's just ridiculous.

No doubt it will be a great car to drive but hmm... thanks, but no.

foto1fyu.jpg

22 975 GBP, with reduction 19 950 GBP. Going to the dealer might give you some more, but nothing really significant I think.

Add recaros to that, +£1K takes it to £21k after discount.

eeeeeer...can I please have a 12 plate 3 door, manual 265 Megane with LSD instead?

Why is everybody so shocked at the price...? My 200 is spec'd and priced at over £23,000! I didn't pay that for it, because the dealer will always do a deal, maybe not on a brand new model, but wait until they are 1 year old! Its the same as any brand, i had a look at the GT86 today and they start at £25,000, give it another 6-8 months and i bet u will get a brand new one for around £22,000 easy!

i had a look at the GT86 today and they start at £25,000, give it another 6-8 months and i bet u will get a brand new one for around £22,000 easy!

You'll get them for that now!!!

We had a look at one at Mangoletsi and it had every option and I mean EVERY option on it and that was up for £25,000.

It's grown on me since seeing the 1st pics a few months ago... And with a bit of TLC, one could almost look like this...

from that, you can hardly tell its 5 door, IMO that Almost sells it to me, at least i know it can look lovely..

i think if they offerd more models of the 200T, such as the RS, RS cup, then like a RS Track ( bit cheesy) the latter, being brembos, spoilers arches and stuff like that, i think after a while, alot of people would ( track lovers) would bend to it.. how many people who own 197/200's track it, and have kids.. it would almost eliminate the need for another car.

For me, im 20/21, im not looking to sell my 200 for, another few years i hope, if then, i decide to have a family, but dont want to lose my loved 200, at least i know i can buy a similar car, 5 doors, more power, and it will go around the track in a similar fasion as my 200..

Heres hoping

from that, you can hardly tell its 5 door, IMO that Almost sells it to me, at least i know it can look lovely..

i think if they offerd more models of the 200T, such as the RS, RS cup, then like a RS Track ( bit cheesy) the latter, being brembos, spoilers arches and stuff like that, i think after a while, alot of people would ( track lovers) would bend to it.. how many people who own 197/200's track it, and have kids.. it would almost eliminate the need for another car.

For me, im 20/21, im not looking to sell my 200 for, another few years i hope, if then, i decide to have a family, but dont want to lose my loved 200, at least i know i can buy a similar car, 5 doors, more power, and it will go around the track in a similar fasion as my 200..

Heres hoping

keep hoping cannot see renault doing any of that given the financial problems they are in!

the car is in areas made "cheaper" but that wont be reflected in the price due to a list of "standard" items to cover up the pricing policy and if you think they are still aiming at the old 197/200 customers...then think again they are after the mini/a1/ds type of person :coffee:

It's grown on me since seeing the 1st pics a few months ago... And with a bit of TLC, one could almost look like this...

Do you know what, after seeing that I like it even more. You can see hints of the 197 with the lights and bits of the 200 with the splitter blade thingy.

It's just a shame they haven't got the wider front and rear arches on it

Can I vote again!!?