Turbo Clio 200 prices

As a 197/200 owner, do you THINK you would buy a 200T based on current knowledge?

• Total voters
You'd rather take a Focus ST over the Clio? Really?
I dont think you can compare them, the Clio will have a dsg box and you just know the handling will be spot on.

You're right, you can't compare them. Ford still understand what makes a hot hatch, a manual gearbox.

Tbh 20k is not too bad the silverstone go was 20k

So on that basis is is good !

With the options on my 200 it cost the original buyer 20k! Still wouldn't buy one of the 200T Clios though.

You're right, you can't compare them. Ford still understand what makes a hot hatch, a manual gearbox.

Really? Is that all it takes to make it a great drivers car? For me, a gear stick and a clutch pedal just get in the way of a good drive. The ONLY reason the Ford doesnt have one is because they can't build it to price.
But i agree that the new car needed to have more 'stance' . I love the flared arches and the silly vents on the current cars

To be fair in these sneak photo's I don't think it looks that bad. I've always said I think the looks will grow on people...

DSC01421_zpsa65b2afb.png

DSC01423_zps626719d4.jpg

Really? Is that all it takes to make it a great drivers car? For me, a gear stick and a clutch pedal just get in the way of a good drive. The ONLY reason the Ford doesnt have one is because they can't build it to price.
But i agree that the new car needed to have more 'stance' . I love the flared arches and the silly vents on the current cars

I think given you mentioned 'stance' our opinions on what makes a good car definitely differ vastly :tongue_smilie:

To be fair in these sneak photo's I don't think it looks that bad. I've always said I think the looks will grow on people...

DSC01421_zpsa65b2afb.png

DSC01423_zps626719d4.jpg

Me too. I really like the look at those straight out the box. Once RS grows into the model, watch this space....RS general do not make a bad car. The profile back to the front looks good and really like the rear lights. This car is gonna age the 197/200....

Last edited:
Looks loads better in those pics Willis! Actually think it almost looks like a different car!

I think they're going to be VERY colour sensitive because of the lines and shapes.

Yeah it's the first non-promo photos I've seen and I did a double-take at them. Still, needs Brembo's. :smiley:

DSC01421_zpsa65b2afb.png

DSC01423_zps626719d4.jpg

I think they're going to be VERY colour sensitive because of the lines and shapes.

Yeah it's the first non-promo photos I've seen and I did a double-take at them. Still, needs Brembo's. :smiley:

May have them...I think the option list is gonna be very different with this car in time.

The new clio is going to be head and shoulders above the 197/200. People need to deal with it! 18 - 22k is the going rate for a hot hatch surely????

I think the Belgian RS site has the price from around Euro 25,000. So yeah, roughly £22,000 list price here I'd imagine...

It'l be interesting to see the options list like Litchy said. They've pushed the price up into the next bracket really as the Focus ST is around the same amount. So they must be bloody confident. Plus that Nissan lump, love it or hate it, is going to be so so so tunable. I was reading on Pistonheads that the gearbox is a Getrag unit too? If that's the case then we might all be eating humble pie in six months time. The more info that comes out, the more it starts to sound like it has a bit of potential.

Im only a clio owner of around a month and I bought it because I looked around and the car was one of only 2 or 3 hatch/coupes which stood out from the crowd. I had shortlisted down to the Clio, the new Polo GTi, Alfa Guilietta and the VW Scirocco. Really nothing else appealed. Furthermore looking at the new Clio I doubt it would feature on the shortlist, not when I could get a brand new Polo Gti with massive residuals for under 20k

I think if I change this 197 for anything in the hatch/coupe range it will be for one of the last of the 200s not the first of the T's. Were it in the 17k price range then it may be a little more worth a second look.

If I were to look at one I think black would be the only colour to have!!

Last edited:

I think you're right, those white ones look great, not so keen on the black though.

there are no brembo brakes.....

dont forget its only a 197/200 underneath - its using the same chassis/floorpan

so if it is "quicker" alot of that rests on the turbo engine and dct...

as for price its all guess work and pointless until the uk prices are released

I think the Belgian RS site has the price from around Euro 25,000. So yeah, roughly £22,000 list price here I'd imagine...

It'l be interesting to see the options list like Litchy said. They've pushed the price up into the next bracket really as the Focus ST is around the same amount. So they must be bloody confident. Plus that Nissan lump, love it or hate it, is going to be so so so tunable. I was reading on Pistonheads that the gearbox is a Getrag unit too? If that's the case then we might all be eating humble pie in six months time. The more info that comes out, the more it starts to sound like it has a bit of potential.

Just started a thread about a Jap tuning company offering a 380 bhp turbo upgrade on the Nissan engine!!!!!