Thinking of trading in the 197?

Really like the look of the new Civic Type R ( FN2 ) and i've even gotten to the point of test driving one and talking to a few honda places about trading the 197 in against a second hand example.

Quick someone talk me out of it!!! :worried:

i nearly got one.......but for £ vs alround performance 197 cant be beaten i think

You'd have to sit in one to see where im coming from the build quality and interior is a million miles apart from this french crap :tongueout:

You'd have to sit in one to see where im coming from the build quality and interior is a million miles apart from this french crap :tongueout:

but theres something very special about these french built pieces of c***, no other hot hatch I've driven puts a bigger smile on my face. The new Civic is a bit like the Golf GTi, fast but dull

Personally I wouldn't do it Ben,

ain't these coming to an end soon anyway ?

Like others have said VERY common as well

CTR ended up bottom of the list I had when last went car shopping. I drove a Golf GT, Focus ST, 2 197's and the FN2. Liked the Civic the least, even the not overly sporty Golf was nicer to drive.

The FD2's are becoming more realistic price wise and there a much better car.

You also wont lose as much on an FD2 as you would on the FN2, something to think about.

please dont go over to the dark side:jedi:
stay with the utterly crap french build
so mutch more fun
wake up man:chair:you are dreaming

ide keep the clio over the civic mate but looks like youve been looking to change for a while so ide look at over choices?

ide keep the clio over the civic mate but looks like youve been looking to change for a while so ide look at over choices?

Yeah i have mate i just cant find peace with the 197, it hasnt missed a beat recently and recieved great comments at trax. But even still i cant seem to stand back and feel satisfied with it.

N/A again , Get a grip man trade it in for some boost FFS

lololololol

I knew it'd only be a matter of time before you piped up about lazy chargers again lol.

I suggested an S3 a few months back and got shot down for that too :worried:

S3 is a great car i could just no justify the extra £££

but then again Audi or Vauxhall i know which sounds better in the pub etc lol

I think if tunning and luxury is your concern you gotta go charged or turbo

No saying get a VXR but get something with Options .