Front end stripped

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

Old mounts gone and Laguna ones fitted

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

Kangoo alternator fited

IMAG0342.jpg

Never had to tweak the power steering pipe much either, just a tiny bit with a pair of pliers and it all bolts up! Sits right against the clutch adjuster on the right hand side of the bay but its all good.

All the gubbins removed........

IMAG0338.jpg

Last edited:
Also took the opportunity to remove the engine weight, some more brackets and the charcoal cannister.

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

The weight was thrown across the garden when my mate smashed his thumb in which was quite comical.

IMAG0345.jpg

Then we went to Anglesy and I had a fail moment lo.... was too fast to catch, looks like nothing in the vid but was a good 115-120!!

Vid no 1 has some issues with a twitchy back end on first and last lap. Last one resulted in me cutting the grass!!!! Think the rear springs are too soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6UWB3SJ-yI

Vid no 2 is where I managed to overheat the car for the second time by pushing too hard! Was having fun too!! Need to sort a new cooling set up I think! Ideas??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5JfRFAhXIc

If anyone knows how to embed vids BTW, please feel free to help out!!
I also managed to shatter an engine mount so we were on a bodged repair all day!! Good fun though, tricky track!

Last edited:
Awesome little project kevo, how much do you think the whole thing has cost you and is the thing still road legal or have you just got it for track only??

What a great idea..team up with mates n spread the cost!
Great thread kev...
Now..if only i had some friends...

Awesome little project kevo, how much do you think the whole thing has cost you and is the thing still road legal or have you just got it for track only??

I would say no more than £1500 all in with all the new bits as we have offset the cost by selling the STD bits, not road legal as it was a cat C and we CBA fixing it up to get VIC tested :smiley:

What a great idea..team up with mates n spread the cost!
Great thread kev...
Now..if only i had some friends...

Lol, they only want me for the track car :worried:

Thats awesome dude, well if only i cud get my mates off their crotch rockets to buy a decent little trackday car i would be joining ya!!

Shame non of my mates are in to cars enough to team up something like this, most have 1.2's and they're in their twenties!

Great looking project though mate, I'd say a track day in something you DON'T worry about messing up must be fun lol

Shame non of my mates are in to cars enough to team up something like this, most have 1.2's and they're in their twenties!

Great looking project though mate, I'd say a track day in something you DON'T worry about messing up must be fun lol

Thats the nice thing mate, you can drive it properly and if you end up in a wall its only a mk2 shell :smiley:

Great thread Kev. Looking good. Do you know exactly how much weight you have taken out? Must be a fair bit! Lol!

As the others have said, wish I had the money for and somewhere to keep something like this. My mates did discuss buying something a while back, but we don't have anywhere to store it and no of us really know exactly what we are doing when it comes to cars. Then we would need something to pull it on the trailer, etc.

Cheers guys.

Cost is peanuts between three but were so lucky to get it for the price we did.

Weight is bugger all, it must be one of the lightest out there, every ounce is gone including the passenger bucket. Still needs a race battery though.

Handling is good, it does come out of corners well but is a tad too light at the rear. We may need to look at that!!

Cheers guys.

Cost is peanuts between three but were so lucky to get it for the price we did.

Weight is bugger all, it must be one of the lightest out there, every ounce is gone including the passenger bucket. Still needs a race battery though.

Handling is good, it does come out of corners well but is a tad too light at the rear. We may need to look at that!!

really good thread mate.

If you want any advice drop me a PM. I've prepared a few cars for track days and competition all on a very low budget. (few pics in my sig link) There's some really easy and cheap things you can do to get big improvments.

Last edited:
really good thread mate.

If you want any advice drop me a PM. I've prepared a few cars for track days and competition all on a very low budget. (few pics in my sig link) There's some really easy and cheap things you can do to get big improvments.

Will defo take you up on that. Thanks mate :smile: