the red baron progress

had mot today.....failed :scared:

illegal number plates.....new plates fitted passed :001_huh:

went home and fitted them back on :innocent:

New rules regarding non-OEM tyres as well coming in at the start of next year.

Eh.... what's that about then? Can't see you getting a fail just because you havnt got contis on, that would go against all competition and fair trade laws..

I know there was a rumour that trackday tyres were being out lawed but as far as I'm aware each tyre now gets a grading system on dry grip, wet grip, rolling resistance etc. as long as it reaches certain standards its ok.

Sorry I was just being a dick :smile:

Do you reckon decat pipes that look like they contain a cat will get by? Surely they won't be able to look inside?

had the rattling boot syndrome the other day so sorted that without removing the trim round the boot striker...

just used a t40 torx bit and a 10mm combi spanner to get to the bolts - put the bit in to the bolt head and used the spanner to fit the torx bit to loosen the bolts - adjust/check/test and a final nip up - no need to remove boot trim :wiz:

well just clocked over to 35000mile today.......:001_rolleyes:

still makes me smile even when sad :cloud9:

nice bit of kit foxy how much do they go for?

£30-40 i think depends on the capacity that one does 6-litres

i would say that its a little slow to do the job but if your doing other work on it you can leave it to suck the oil out while you do the other jobs as i did - also worth getting the oil hot - again i didnt so it slowed it down a bit

with it being between main service i didnt change the filter not really worth it at 6k interval

its ideal for those cars that have the element type filter (vuaxhalls/bmw/merc etc) at the top of the engine - as you could change the oil & filter without removing the sump plug all performed from the open bonnet position :bat:

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions