The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

Discussion in 'Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake' started by Willis, May 6, 2012.

What's Your System?

1. Oreca- £480

9 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. Miltek- £530

58 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Custom

34 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Standard

185 vote(s)
    36.9%
  5. TDF (Race)- £476

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. TDF (Road)- £456

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Yozzasport

8 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Supersprint

9 vote(s)
    1.8%
  9. Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

71 vote(s)
    14.2%
  11. K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

15 vote(s)
    3.0%
  12. K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

43 vote(s)
    8.6%
  13. Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

48 vote(s)
    9.6%
  14. Piper- £600

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  15. Bastuck- £570

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. Benno

Benno Paid Member

Car:
    OG 250 Cup
    Yeah 101 I'm sure, never black flagged or warned, so my guess is that it was pretty clear below...I was worried about it too!

DS197 likes this.

2. STODGY

STODGY

Car:
    200 Rs CUP
    scorpion non res are even cheaper now with demon tweeks £339 i think ill grab one now

3. Doogle

Doogle Winner - POTM March 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    BMW e46 330cd
    Ladies and gents, having read through the entire thread with interest. 2 questions:

1) Any videos if a resonated Milltek on a standard system, no decats?
    2) Anyone weighed the standard system after removing to work out a weight? Cant seem to find that.

4. DS197

DS197 POTM Winner - June 2017 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    Is anybody running a scorpion resonated with a decat pipe? Interested to hear what it's like on the motorway and how bad the drone is.

5. rcwsr

rcwsr Paid Member

Car:
    Clio RS 200
    I'd also like to know this, just asked a similar question in another thread!

6. rallyrep

rallyrep Paid Member

Car:
    Does anyone know if a manifold & System is made to group N Spec?

7. DafyddJones

DafyddJones Paid Member

Car:
    Black Clio 200
    I’m looking at getting at cat-back for my 200 soon but can’t decide between Scorpion res, Ktec or Milltek res systems. What’s best?

8. Naseer Abdool Gaffar

Naseer Abdool Gaffar

Car:
    Renault Clio 3 RS Gordini
    Afternoon Gents

Has anyone tried a drone delete resonator tube?

9. DS197

Car:
    Clio 197
    I don't think it has been done but it would be very interesting to see! I've looked into it but would rather get a custom made bypass valved exhaust system

10. Naseer Abdool Gaffar

Naseer Abdool Gaffar

Car:
    Renault Clio 3 RS Gordini
    Im trying to work out the length for it to work between 2500 and 3500, the formula requires some wicked maths though lol

DS197 likes this.
  11. DS197

Car:
    Clio 197
    The maths is what made me think twice about doing it! :tearsofjoy:

12. 19Zen

19Zen

Car:
    Hi guys, I’ve been looking at options for exhausts as I’d like to save some weight, free up some performance and have a little more noise. I’m not looking for anything too drony/loud and the exhaust which seems to tick all these boxes is the Akrapovic. I’m also looking at a custom exhaust which comes with a lifetime guarantee but the quotes I’ve received aren’t much less than the Akra. After reading through the forum I’ve come across a few posts where people had issues with the baffles going on the resonator and the rear boxes. Is this a common issue as it appears?

Thanks for any info…

13. matt9566

matt9566 Paid Member

Car:
    Ultra Red R27 #91
    I've seen maybe one post in the past about the baffles going in someones Akra and they got the system replaced for free through Akrapovic themselves I believe (It was quite a long time ago so can't be 100% sure) I've had mine on for about 2 and half years with no issues and I bought it second hand.

There are plenty of good options available Scorpion etc, I would suggest listening to one in person as I've seen people love a system and other people hate the same one.

Highly rate my Akra though and the quality is second to none. If you can justify the money then go for it

14. 19Zen

19Zen

Car:
    They are spoken of very highly, after reading reports of 4 baffles going on this site it just made me wonder... one member said his mid silencer went twice and rear once, another's friend bought one and it started rattling the next day. I plan on keeping the 197 for the life of the car so a high end exhaust is something I'd consider, I'd expect it to last quite a while though. The reports of the Akrapovic being a perfect fit, civilized at low speeds and giving the highest gains without needing a remap is what makes me think it may be the best option.

15. petercronin

petercronin Paid Member

Car:
    LY FF Clio 200 with Cup Pack
    The thing to remember is you only see people complain if they have problems, so how many people have NOT had problems. I’ve only had mine on just under a year but so far it’s great, quiet when you want it to be and noisy (but not stupid loud) when you want noise. It also pops and crackles like mad when it’s hot.

Depending on where you are it may be worth waiting a little while if you’re going for one. RS Tuning ran a deal last year coming up to Christmas where if you bought one they remapped the car for free. Doesn’t mean they’ll do it again but it’s worth waiting a few weeks to see.

16. 19Zen

19Zen

Car:
    That's true, online reviews can make it seem unbalanced although I'd say the reviews are still firmly in favour of the Akrapovic.

It's a shame there's a 3 month wait for one. I guess they're waiting for more people to order before cooking up the next batch, or just very busy. Judging by the reviews I'm sure it's worth the wait...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  17. Ldw93

Ldw93 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 182
    For me it really is akrapovic or standard. Had an akrapovic on my old one which was okay(not worth the money imo but I paid 600 second hand) for my current one I bought a scorpion which I imagine sounds similar to other after market cat backs and just sounded horrendous. Went back to standard with Ktec induction kit best thing I did