The Definitive Rivals Thread...

This might sound like a stupid question, but is there any one area on the Clio that makes it so heavy? I can only think it's safety equipment to give it 5 euro ncap stars.

The cup racers are around 200kg lighter and they have a roll cage fitted.

It'd have to be seats, carpets and interior parts i'd say.

Where did you get your figures from man? Parkers?

Took as many as I could from EVO so that they'd all been measured by the same people.

Anything I couldn't find in EVO I looked up the manufacturers figures for online.

Clio R3 and Clio Cup figures are weight and power from the brouchures.

Was a good few hours read, pretty interesting.

No problem!!! :smile:

If you think of anything that should be on the list but isn't then let me know and I'll add it.

Would be good to see more of the RS range. :wink: Ie., 172, 172 cup, 182, 182 cup, trophy, megane 225, 230, 250, 265, etc...

I'll do a seperate thread for those as I don't think they can really be considered rivals. :smile:

Not really, everything on the list is based on cars on sale as new from 06 onwards in the same class as the 197 or 200. :wink:

No doubt the 172 and more so the 182 is a rival in terms of being an alternative to somebody looking to buy a 197 though.

I'm just compiling my list of Renault ''performance'' cars from the last 20 years so I'll do another thread later. :wink:

Can this one be made a sticky?

A mate of mine has a Punto 1.4 T-Jet, don't be fooled by the claimed 8.9 dash, it's quicker than that. Very good car IMO and underrated. My 197 struggled to get past it in a straight line.

i agree ive got one, theyl do an 8 second 0-60 all day long. also ignore the 120bhp as fiat simply lied, most roll anywhere up to 140bhp standard according to fiat forum

Chav comments reference the corsa are brilliant! Im 29, well known and respected in my chosen profession and definatly not a chav!

ps i believe the corsa is more like 1227 kgs, i had a few bits stripped from mine and i crept in under 1200 kgs. HTH

Chav comments reference the corsa are brilliant! Im 29, well known and respected in my chosen profession and definatly not a chav!

ps i believe the corsa is more like 1227 kgs, i had a few bits stripped from mine and i crept in under 1200 kgs. HTH

Wohhh gary, you and Wayne are everywhere haha :smile:

IMHO, anyone who gives their medals to a military museum HAS to be a chav :wink: lol

How is the beast?