The Definitive Exhaust Manifold Thread

I bought the Ktec manifold and it is not the best quality, it looks nice from the outside but internally it is ugly. I’m getting the manifold reworked to smooth the internals as much as possible.

did you re-size the exhaust manifold? looks like your removed some meat

will the gasket be compatible at this case and won't cause any leak?

Nah bru that’s how I got the manifold from Ktec. My mechanics are working on it at the moment. I’m in Aus so it will cost to much to send it back to the UK

Reactions: Abdulla Ali Al Ali
New member here, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have the split/cracked Flexi problem at the moment and knew there was something wrong for 2-3 months. I've read through the threads before I found this one and because money is very very tight at the moment (lost my job in September which is why I haven't had it repaired yet) I've decided to go for the cheapest option of getting a Toyosport Manifold fitted but for the life of me can't find one ? Not in stock on eBay and the exact same thing from Gravity seems to be £80 more ?!

If this is the same thing of course.

I wouldn't mind but my MOT ran out in mid October so I've put it off till now as I just knew it would cost me hundreds to get any potential repairs done and I just want it back on the road now before I decide to give up and sell the thing (I would really hate to do that because I love my car so damn much).

Also does anyone have any idea of labour involved with fitting one of these, I'm looking to get this sorted for around £300 if possible ?

Cheers.

I paid about £250 to have mine fitted I think. I haven't had any issues with it knocking on the subframe or anything like that, though I do have Powerflex mount inserts. I think the flexi is blowing a bit already though lol

Reactions: SilverstoneGP50/50
I paid about £250 to have mine fitted I think. I haven't had any issues with it knocking on the subframe or anything like that, though I do have Powerflex mount inserts. I think the flexi is blowing a bit already though lol

That would be perfect if I could get it fitted for that price, I was looking at powerflex inserts aswell but they was coming up at around £80 for a set ? Am I missing something here, I keep seeing prices like yours pop up but when I price it up it seems parts are more expensive than most people get the whole thing fitted for ???

I paid about £150 for the manifold I think, but I got it when there was an eBay sale on, so it was a bit cheaper. Stock of the Toyosport does seem to come and go.

I can't remember how much I paid for the Powerflex inserts. I think the bottom one is the most critical one though, as the standard bush really isn't up to much, so you could always do that one and see how you get on before buying the upper one too.

I paid about £150 for the manifold I think, but I got it when there was an eBay sale on, so it was a bit cheaper. Stock of the Toyosport does seem to come and go.

I can't remember how much I paid for the Powerflex inserts. I think the bottom one is the most critical one though, as the standard bush really isn't up to much, so you could always do that one and see how you get on before buying the upper one too.

There's a sale on at the moment so I could pick up the Gravity one for roughly £220 (asking price £260) which isn't too bad.

Ah fair enough, it would definitely save me a penny or two if I just get the bottom one, thanks for the advice mate

Looks like I'm looking at around £250 for parts if I want this back on the road asap.

Reactions: massivewangers
Save yourself 150+ quid and get yours fixed. Any competent mechanic could sort it with a pair of new flexis - they’re about 20 quid for the pair.
Obviously you’ll still have to pay labour

Reactions: Onrus
Save yourself 150+ quid and get yours fixed. Any competent mechanic could sort it with a pair of new flexis - they’re about 20 quid for the pair.
Obviously you’ll still have to pay labour

Yeah I think I will have to go down the route to save money. Managed to get in touch with a friend of the family and he says he will do the repair rather than buying a new manifold and won't charge me an arm and a leg for labour, most places was talking around the £50-70 per hour mark but if it turns out to take a whole day that soon gets expensive so fingers crossed I'll have it on the road soon without having too pay too much.

I've missed driving her even if she is a problem child lol

Reactions: Onrus
Thank you for compiling - super useful.

Anyone with an RS200 manifold for sale send me a PM, will consider either new, standard that needs a repair, or aftermarket but in good enough condition to make it worth fitting so I can just swap them over on the day I tackle it

anyone aware of where to source the toyosport manifold? just looking at options to fix mine, think i'd rather just swap it out for a tried and tested solution (and upgrade the mounts to prevent future issues). ebay seems out of stock.

the gravity one on ebay has one review attached that isn't positive: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121087367675

Had gravity/toyo on my first 200, upgraded upper torque mount and lower engine mount while you swap them and I didn’t have an issue at all, vibrations go after a few hundred miles

Reactions: jimmybell
Have you got a cat in your Scorpion exhaust system somewhere? There is no pre-cat in the Toyo manifold. The standard pre-cat is just enough to do without any other cats in your exhaust system and still pass an MOT.

Reactions: jimmybell
Have you got a cat in your Scorpion exhaust system somewhere? There is no pre-cat in the Toyo manifold. The standard pre-cat is just enough to do without any other cats in your exhaust system and still pass an MOT.

Yeah thanks i did check - secondary cat is still in place (big rectangular flattened barrel shape after the flexi, rear of the subframe). Looks like my scorpion is just some centrepipe/backbox combo.

Reactions: burrellbloke