The Daily AG cup

Popped into EFI parts for mapping yesterday!

E1JJlay.jpg

Car was running lean with the predator manifold making my flat spot horrific and the car randomly being hesitant and stuttery with the ECU trying to adapt.

Everyone always wants to see the graph so here it is, standard map (black) vs retune (red), and cause people love figures; 199.8bhp and 163.4lb/ft before mapping, and 204.1bhp and 167.6lb/ft after!

Mmizpo3.jpg

That's definitely a strong engine for sure! Just out of curiosity, did you not get the rev limiter raised as quite a few cars that have been mapped at EFI have a relatively safe rev limit.

That's definitely a strong engine for sure! Just out of curiosity, did you not get the rev limiter raised as quite a few cars that have been mapped at EFI have a relatively safe rev limit.

Magic of the high miler people keep saying. :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:
Tbh I didn't even know that was an option, so short answer is no! Is it worth doing?

Magic of the high miler people keep saying. :tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:
Tbh I didn't even know that was an option, so short answer is no! Is it worth doing?
Now I don't feel so bad with putting mileage on mine :smiley: Normally the rev limit is only raised by a few hundred rpm to 7750 which lets you hold on to the gear for a fraction of a second longer so I don't think its a necessity. It's just interesting to see how different tuners remap the Clio is all!

Now I don't feel so bad with putting mileage on mine :smiley: Normally the rev limit is only raised by a few hundred rpm to 7750 which lets you hold on to the gear for a fraction of a second longer so I don't think its a necessity. It's just interesting to see how different tuners remap the Clio is all!

Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure there's a few 197's above me in mileage, but I don't think there is many or any 200's. :tearsofjoy:

Ah that's interesting, was never a thought for me when mapping, the car is dailied, so mapping was mainly to get the low end more useable and smoothed out. Everything else was a bonus!