Raptor6767's Megane 265 Cup hybrid daily/track build

Raptor6767

Gold Member
Due to the Clio 197T being a (never ending) project:sunglasses::laughing:, I needed a daily/weekend fun car.

So I bought the Megane 265 Cup of a friend of mine who was a first owner.
It's a full fat spec car with leather interior (Recaro Sportster CS seats, of course), TomTom nav, Cup suspension, tire pressure monitors, auto AC, 19" wheels with 235/35/19 CUP2's.
It also came with:
Stage 1 hybrid,
KTR Stage 1 IC,
KTR intake,
KTR downpipe,
630cc injectors,
Akrapovič titanium exhaust,
Forge intake hose,
Forge BOV,
PaulRS remap,
KTR braided brake lines,
Wiechers Sport front strut brace.

VsvHNwt.jpg

YDJ3hW7.jpg

Of course, I've bought a couple of things in advance once I knew I was going to buy (some) Megane 3 RS:
KW Clubsport (loved them on the Clio so I had to have them on the Megane too),
our uprated ball joints, and Meyle HD drop links (didn't need to, but wanted to)
braided hoses (fail, didn't know that I already had them on the car :laughing:),
black wheel studs,
GT Performance intake hose,

02o30Fz.jpg

z9nN5f1.jpg

Rn65xuD.jpg

fVINioi.jpg

5zXfeMI.jpg

RS amblems in red/black,
Black Renault Diamonds (front/back),
Removed the rear wiper.

0bTKBHO.jpg

Installed KW Clubsports, uprated ball joints, and had the car corner weighted

SrAjlKM.jpg

Yh4swK6.jpg

4vwXc9G.jpg

The car theme is black & red, so I wanted the same in the interior - and I saw the guys doing the stitches with a special touch up pen - so I thought - what the hell - if it works, great, and if not - will have them restitched. Took all weekend but I managed to do the whole interieur:

xsyyrVP.jpg

Fl4JPeX.jpg

Qj4aeqq.jpg

vboTcHV.jpg

Wanted an AFR/boost/oil temp/pressure gauge, so I bought a PLX gauge and it's modules (not too happy with them, in 5-10% of the time the gauge sometimes freezes and I have to unplug the main module).

Ke5P5Lq.jpg

okg3TPy.jpg

mDhfNa6.jpg

It's oil temp, not water. :wink:
zNAJZju.jpg

Reactions: Beany and wootwoot
In the meantime, a friend of mine with the R26 convinced me to sell the 16/19T to him, so I bought a 20T hybrid.

The car made 377bhp/501Nm on their dyno and 348bhp (which is, IMHO, a more realistic figure) on the other dyno later.

ToEQChP.jpg

Found out that the Akrapovič exhaust (paid 2400€) doesn't have a flexi pipe, instead of using the stock flexi pipe, I bought the GT Performance one which has a bigger diameter (shame on Akrapovič).

Ja1uGgl.jpg

r7QkPbG.jpg

And while the car was in the air, decided to replace the OEM crankshaft pulley (~1468g) with our lightweight crankshaft pulley (~340g), and the difference was awesome - the throttle response is much better (something in between "Linear" and "Extreme" for you guys with the RS Monitor) and (maybe the Placebo effect) it seems like the car spools a bit faster in lower gears.

66YxuyD.jpg

It was pretty fast, it made 10.6s 100-200km/h measured with the Dragy and 9.9s using mobile GPS app only - but that's not as precise as the Dragy with an external 10Hz receiver which is very precise.

VYaBCJP.jpg

Wanted to try it out against my Cagiva Raptor (hence the nickname, had it since 2002), so I let my father drive it, and of course, he destroyed me in the Megane. :smiley:

z98zRhK.jpg

Some of my detailing products I use (can't use them all - the car has Gyeon Q2 DuraBead ceramic coat)

OGpNWRY.jpg

Bought the OZ Ultraleggera's in 9x18 & 8x18 of a friend, and had them painted in red.

uEwEB2x.jpg

niXGX2P.jpg

YRs2s6T.jpg

IMHO, the car looks great with them (central caps missing, ordered carbon ones from OZ):

htLtse8.jpg

mp7TYII.jpg

xnlRGQB.jpg

Reactions: Sean197
Didn't like the yellow seat belts so I ordered the ones from ED35, much nicer combo:

bPzeeOI.jpg

TsVg6Jd.jpg

It was a time for a brake service (this picture was taken before a friend told me he was in a rush and had to replace the brakes on his M3RS so I switched to OEM rotors, Castrol SRF brake fluid, Ferodo DS Uno in the front, and DS2500 in the rear)

cO1Ww8A.jpg

Washed and replaced OEM RS rubber mats with the new OEM ones:

UrjNOWh.jpg

fnN4aJZ.jpg

The winter was over so it was time for some semislick tires for the Ultra's - I went for Toyo R888R's.

ibfsJ4d.jpg

Had them on the OZ Alleggerita's on the Clio.

pXM9W2Q.jpg

Time for a regular service before the Nurburgring trip

sHRII2t.jpg

Sitting nice on the R888R's

vkfDF6m.jpg

tjZefC8.jpg

biJn3Vy.jpg

In the garage before the trip:

Qyqd75f.jpg

The story continues (when I find the time to upload it all). :sunglasses:

The KWs are bump and rebound adjustable in the rear on the clio right? How do you access the rear shocks to change rebound?

OK, so let's move forward with the story...

on (one of) my Nurburgring trip(s) I blew the engine so this was an opportunity to forge the internals, and I even got a new hybrid.

JwH97z0.jpg

Had the time to do the intercooler hoses with the DEI gold tape (probably didn't make much if any difference, but I had the time), also did the DP with the DEI titanium wrap.

BkNBfZE.jpg

YGVmnu0.jpg

dgBz99z.jpg

nlOtTjY.jpg

Modifications to fit the oil temp/pressure sensor on the oil pan, and got the new hybrid from Engine Dynamics.

kMDWFzv.jpg

Done and putting the engine back in the car

g5SYlDP.jpg

Gave it a wash

Gg1jELG.jpg

qNf7WYL.jpg

Bought a set of winter wheels/tires in the meantime (usually my rebuilding lasts for months so I wanted to be prepared :smiley: ).

1roIWVz.jpg

I know I know...let's just say - "it's an acquired taste". :smiley:

2cxf7fn.jpg

FajEcdo.jpg

Installed the Whiteline anti roll bar and Meyle HD drop links

g6zvHZX.jpg

ziRuys0.jpg

Seats are now retrimmed in leather/alcantara with red stitching

OBFWvyM.jpg

In this Covid-19 situation, I had some time to do/cut the towers too so I can adjust the camber on my KW Clubsport's.
Don't know why Renault did such small holes on the Megane 3 RS while on my Clio 197 I didn't have to cut the towers like most of us with the camber plates on the Megane 3 RS.

wiNov9A.jpg

d8FHCUA.jpg

GJi4moy.jpg

Haven't wrote anything in a while, been busy.

In this crazy year, I've managed to do the Road/racetrip that I've planned - Zandvoort+Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Nurburgring (Germany) - SPA+Brussels (Belgium).

Made more than 3700km in 8 days, spent <500L of petrol and had a great time!

You can also follow me on instagram (Rene_Raptor6767) for more photos. :wink:

Will post only track photos here.

Zandvoort

5udtbLg.jpg

qoWFdZk.jpg

Jo9Tqgl.jpg

NV3T8Le.jpg

wjqN4in.jpg

ntarWXI.jpg

gSfYArR.jpg

TqWv25e.jpg

Nurburgring

9VN6dZa.jpg

aIBqcDo.jpg

selZHRD.jpg

Y23gSaB.jpg

7cigF6Q.jpg

FzaJcI5.jpg

LoRcwjd.jpg

SPA

oXphwvM.jpg

tCawZ5V.jpg

wdhywI0.jpg

anFmbmg.jpg

Reactions: Addison
Even managed to do some track days at Grobnik race track this year, and hopefully will do at least one more if the Covid19 situation doesn't get in the way.

SAzfSXl.jpg

pm6JaOQ.jpg

FeGyfKP.jpg

n5ErssJ.jpg

PL541Ch.jpg

9tLcUf2.jpg

TAH1ALf.jpg

MRxLXP7.jpg

V8Rigo1.jpg

Qt5DgAV.jpg

ZKSBacF.jpg

SGTFaBb.jpg

8y4PJba.jpg

rAQYGD6.jpg

s9xNFUX.jpg

5hlduPG.jpg

59Reso9.jpg

Y8rI62G.jpg

xuO4wPJ.jpg

5AcCQ2B.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben
Always wanted to do the Osijek Street Race with my car - unfortunately, I had a boost leak (hose), but I still decided to race.
Managed to get to the Top16 in the class.
Didn't expect that - just wanted to do one more thing off my bucket list this year. :smiley: