Tested a Clio 200

The VXR Arctic is one, Fiesta Montune (maybe) Seat Leon FR, New ibiza range, Focus ST (which is a little old now) im not even going there with the Mazda,
but i do see your point, an interesting comment which i havent thought about before.

I see what you are saying, in my mind the VXR, Montune etc have been around a good while now (they were what came out at the same time as 197) and the others, in my opinion, are all too big to be proper hot hatches - they arent 3-door (admittedly Focus can be).

the 200 was released at the perfect time to get maximum publicity and renault have done really well for it.

Lol musta been, would have been cool to see the Mini vs the 200 when the mini came out as you said :tongueout:

yeah definately! i still think the mini would have been more popular though, which is a shame! fashion over performance hey!

Just looked into it and i think we are talking about different montunes lol! they did a 185bhp version for the 'old' ST as a swansong and the current is only 140bhp...

Wouldnt trade mine in either as I really still cant get over the front end and think it has ruined the looks.

Next motor for me in the R26R, going to see what its like for a daily drive and try and live with it for a few months, might make a year but ive just got to have one and cant afford a second car.

7k on the clock? only? barely run in?

Dont be saying that lol, i've only 4500 miles on mine and it gets driven hard lol. :worried:

7k isn't very much on the Clio engine, its gets better with age :smile:
ours has just past 15k and its got noticeably better.

Its fine driving it hard mate

Good little write up. I have test drove both the 197 and 200. Test drove the 197 before I bought my Corsa VXr. I loved it but the VXR just felt faster so thats the reason I went for that.

Have now ordered our 200 Cup. After test driving that I would say that it does also seem slightly quicker than the 197. Could just be in my head but thats just the way I felt.

Tbh, if I had a 197 I dont think I would part ex it for a 200 either. Would lose too much money for a car which is almost the same. Just newer and slightly faster.