200T: Test drove today

These threads are good to get peoples oppionins and my opion is this is best Renaultsport I have every owned and I've had a few including a meg 250 the meg had fantastic power and was a great car but I never felt as attched to the road in the meg as I do in a Clio so now I have the benefit of a turbo Clio which results in the perfect car. For me...

on top of that the interior I think is the best they have ever produced great seats and 5 of them touch screen sat nav and a decent stereo..

if anyone wants to come and have a go in mine I'm more than happy to change your view..

Yes there are 5 seats but the rear seats do not hold 3 adults as we've tested that lol

You did well getting and hour and a half test drive. I bet salesman didn't know you were just a tyre kicker at the time! They will be back in touch when the camera van shots drop through their letter box! :smile:

Last edited:
[MENTION=6120]ashtons99[/MENTION] lol.... I don't think they did either, I turned up in my 200 and said I'm interested in getting the new one lol.

The garage looked a little quiet too, so I'm guessing he just fancied some fresh air lol

I test drove one on Friday. I like it overall but i think it looks far better with the smaller non cup alloys and i don't like the look of the seats.
I can understand why the Brembos are gone, They give little to no advantage and they're expensive and very high maintenance.

The problem is it's too expensive and RUK are not supporting it at all, There's a 'this is how much it is you pay it now' attitude.
The one i looked at was a pre-reg 63 plate with 500miles and they wanted nearly £22,000 for it, Ridiculous.

James Impey picked his 63 plate up with 500 miles for 17500 iirc

I only paid 19100 for my lux model with cup pack brand new!

James Impey picked his 63 plate up with 500 miles for 17500 iirc

I only paid 19100 for my lux model with cup pack brand new!

Me and kevs200 Both paid less than that mine had 650 miles on lux with cup pack there are deals about you just have to look around for them

Gez, which renault dealer did you go to?

I've been waiting since October for Cardiff to phone me for a test drive hahahha. Also told there was no discount allowed.

No cup pack on that car....nice sagging leather on the drivers seat too

Cup chassis in the description and it's on 18" Anthracite cup wheels rather than the 17" non cup alloys - they can't even get the description right so maybe the cup chassis isn't fitted....... side photo would confirm

18" anthracite wheel is only an option on cars without the cup pack

If you have cup pack you get black 18s, quicker rack, red calipers and lower ride hight (3mm)

There are deals to be had you just have to search them out, mine is non lux with cup in black I got it 6 months old with 5000 on the clock for £15k :smile:

shame its so ugly- i think most new cars are ugly but think its due to pedestrian safety.
also hate auto not for the way it works, but i love planning what gears i need to be in when on country lanes.
auto takes that engagement away with the car.

shame its so ugly- i think most new cars are ugly but think its due to pedestrian safety.
also hate auto not for the way it works, but i love planning what gears i need to be in when on country lanes.
auto takes that engagement away with the car.

it does have sport and race/rs modes so you can still choose what gear you want

Yes you can knock it into manual at any point and judge what gear you want it in for a corner. The box does take some getting used too but I would say it's made me a better driver, you have to retrain your brain not to jump on the clutch and go for the gear stick ( which I still do lol )

People moaning about it being auto obviously haven't driven it....... auto is an option the same as full manual.... your choice which mode to drive in.
The "oh it's an auto and takes away driver involvement" argument is getting a bit worn now. Complaining about the way it looks is a valid reason not to like it IMO as peoples tastes vary.