197: Viewed and test drove a alibi clio 197

Hi everyone, right today i found my perfect clio 197 and off i went after a appointment made with the owner of the car sales and well lets say i felt WOW! :thumbup:

It was a 2007 "07" plate alibi blue 197 with loads of extras and a minor 25,000 miles. It had full renault service history, mot passed with flying colours everytime and just one hell of a clean and well looked after example.

I test drove it and wow the standard exhaust is a nice tone, listened to engine, checked it over etc nothing stood out for me all ticked boxes. Ran smooth as can be, has had 4 services every 6,000 miles

Now i got a finance quote for £117 over 48 month with a £2750 p/x value for my corsa. Is this good?

My other question is when are the normal problems common to pop up such as mileage for cambelt etc?

Where is best for insurance as tbh i want this car as it is my dream car and the only thing from stopping me signing on the dotted line there and then was i dont have any insurance quotes other than internet and provisional quotes

Thanks

Carl

Looks a very tidy example.

But the finance is like £177 a month for 4 years, after you part chop your monthly repayments are £87.50 at 0% APR (if your paying back the cost without APR). The car is £6950 would it not be better to get a lower APR rate bank loan of say 5k and then part chop your car and smash the rest off?

You'll pay less in the long run? surely?

unless ive worked it out wrong?

Greenlight were the cheapest by far for my insurance (25 at renewal). As already said, the Cambelt IS due, don't let the dealer fob you off. You could use that as a bargaining tool or even try and get them to do it before you sign on the dotted line. :wink:

Looks a very tidy example.

But the finance is like £177 a month for 4 years, after you part chop your monthly repayments are £87.50 at 0% APR (if your paying back the cost without APR). The car is £6950 would it not be better to get a lower APR rate bank loan of say 5k and then part chop your car and smash the rest off?

You'll pay less in the long run? surely?

unless ive worked it out wrong?

Hi mate, so you worked it out to be a high APR meaning the monthly costs ive been estimated are high? i have thought about a bank loan, had credit checks and ive passed with flying colours so maybe a option

Will definately p/x my corsa and not sell privately, too much hassle and a good deal id say for the corsa imo

Greenlight were the cheapest by far for my insurance (25 at renewal). As already said, the Cambelt IS due, don't let the dealer fob you off. You could use that as a bargaining tool or even try and get them to do it before you sign on the dotted line. :wink:

You are right willis i could use it has a bargaining tool and something id be willing to mention, see if they would change it along with waterpump etc and give it a MOT ... i just need to phone some insurers but dont want no boxes or mileage watch if you know what i mean, think they are black boxes. Just normally fully comp would be ideal

not as far as i am aware as i saw all the documents and no mention of steering wheel.

Check it carefully at 2-10 o'clock were you hold the wheel they have a tendency to melt at those points.Any sign at all get it changed £400 for a new one or £170 of Karl of here

You'll always get less px'ing. You'll be better to sell privately and get a loan. We got one from tesco at 6.1%

Looks clean, make sure there's no crunching in the gears which is quite a common problem. And paint flaking on the wheels. You're due a cambelt if it hasn't had one as well, i'd try knock some more £ off tbh.

If you're gonna sell your car and get a loan, look privately. I've seen better examples for less money, and you'll want one with Recaro's probably...everyone does! ha

Got the exact same car as me, just with better lights lol

I'm not sure of your age or points/clean licence etc., but as a guide I'm paying just over £650 with 3 Points and 3 Yrs NCB.

yeah it does seem high apr.

like said tesco loan is 6.1%
nationwide are low as well might be like 7%

try them and just do the figures mate.

and then if you do get a loan your not limited to the one from the dealers with finance? could be another without finance or a private sale.

Which of course is totally up to you matey, just few ideas thats all

Will

Edit:
My insurance with admiral
21 years old
4 Years NCB (protected)
1 Claim (not at fault)
With declaired mods.
£1213 (£914 without no claims protected.)

Last edited:
The steering wheel was in mint condition, everything was the wheels were unkerbed and really in immaculate condition, small scratches on door sills, these were genuine silver clio sport ones with renault logo on. Was really in mint condition, The gearbox was fine not crunchy and didnt grind, even common things such as getting in 1st from cold and 3rd were true

As for privately ive never taken to buying private, do prefer dealers and i didnt see the latest MOT certificate but did see previous ones. Will ask about cambelt etc

As for privately ive never taken to buying private

Totally understand this, I wouldnt either unless I knew of the car, off of here for example and had been totally looked after etc, plus the waranty helps if anything does go wrong.

Totally understand this, I wouldnt either unless I knew of the car, off of here for example and had been totally looked after etc, plus the waranty helps if anything does go wrong.

It does say on the info pack ive been given by the dealer that it comes with free warrenty but for how long i dont know but i dont understand what this means. If its a year does it mean anything needs doing they are eligible for and need to repair it?