200T: test drove vs fiesta st

i test drove a 200t i was going to buy a couple of times and loved it, it felt like it could be anything i wanted it to be from one minute it could be a relaxing cruiser and the next it could be a road racer.

anyway i saw a fiesta st on a dealer on my way back from shopping and i thought id go in and ask about it as the clio is a little expensive at the moment, the fiesta was in a colour called molten orange not a bad colour but looked a bit red to me to be called orange. I still took it for a drive and was surprised it is a quick little car with good looking seats and a good engine that pulls but i don't know why but i still want the clio. the fiesta was good but it seemed to always be a hot hatch and i couldn't seem to enjoy it when i wanted to just cruise, as i mainly do motorway miles during the week back and from work this was important for me.

my conclusion is that yes the fiesta is a really good car and looks great but i could only see one up side from the clio and that was the look of the seats, on ever other note the clio wins for me and for that reason im going to decide on a clio and start my search for one that i want.

has anyone else had this hold on them by a clio rs ? i literally am trying to think of every way possible to get one asap.

I really liked the look of the 200T though ended up buying an ST as it was just under £8k cheaper with the options I wanted over the 200T I wanted.

Both cars are awesome though I suspect the facelift 200T will be awesomer (If thats a word).

I use the ST as my daily and find it excellent in all departments.

8k is a big price increase if that was reduced do you think you would of gone for the 200t ? was price the only factor in which you bought the st ?

i like the easiness of the auto when im on the motorway and then the paddles really aren't that bad once you get used to them. maybe thats just my opinion but i agree that the 200t is a bit pricey

It all boils down to personal relatively

I'm am bored to the back teeth of defending why I have bought a 200T. Fact is it suits my requirement and i am happy with it

There was lots of reasons why I didn't buy the fiesta ST.

Get what YOU like and what YOU enjoy. That's all that matters

:smile:

I see far to many fiesta ST's around *yawn*. I'd get the 200T or the meg 265 just for the exclusivity of not seeing many around IMO

I'm am bored to the back teeth of defending why I have bought a 200T. Fact is it suits my requirement and i am happy with it

Do you know what? You are SO right. Yeah, I bang on about ST's all the time, but don't forget, I have a Mk 6 and not the newest shape one :eek: It was my choice to get one too.

You should never have to defend the 200T, just stick your middle finger up in their face and say "With all due respect sir Foxtrot Oscar" :wink:

I see far to many fiesta ST's around *yawn*. I'd get the 200T or the meg 265 just for the exclusivity of not seeing many around IMO

I have yet to see one on the road (200T), but I see LOOOAAADDDSSS of ST's around. You are right big time!

No brainer, a car that car cruise in auto or pop through the gears like a rally driver or click through the paddles in a blink of an eye, with the most composed ride I have owned. Haven't driven the fiesta but by chris harris's review the ride is less than comfy and call me an old fart but clashing over every rut is not my idea of fun, plus put them both together and the Clio looks far more purposeful. There are cracking examples on autotrader in black and white for 16k. Personally got a superchips on and it is an absolute weapon. Build quality is another level compared to my 197/182/172. Don't forget the benefit of the Renault plus 4.

I can't wait until How Fast to see them go up against one another :jedi:

I couldn't real fault anyone for buying either car if am honest, thing that swung the 200T for me was the 5 door it makes picking the kids up and driving them round so much easier. But I would have a ST in a hart beat. But then again I would rather a mountune Focus than fiesta

I couldn't real fault anyone for buying either car if am honest, thing that swung the 200T for me was the 5 door it makes picking the kids up and driving them round so much easier. But I would have a ST in a hart beat. But then again I would rather a mountune Focus than fiesta

With the cost of the Clio I could have had a St but don't like the look of the front. The 200 is smooth and when U want it to go it goes and the rear is sexy that what most see

Totally agree

I had initially ordered the ST but after an 4 month wait then bumped for another 3 month wait I pulled the pin. Ordered the 200 and couldn't be happier.

I had initially ordered the ST but after an 4 month wait then bumped for another 3 month wait I pulled the pin. Ordered the 200 and couldn't be happier.

did you order a specific spec? as there are plenty of st in stock...

That's for sure. I think I've only spotted 3 on the road over the last few months. Anyway, very happy with the Clio 200. Took a little while to get used to having no clutch peddle / manual gears.