Supporting Shuv!

Chris

Bad cop
This forum is fully viewable to everyone on the site apart from Syer so please keep this only in here and do not extend anything about this past this forum!

As I'm sure you are aware, Shuv lost his Nan last night.

Simon @Gordini sent me a message this morning, suggesting that we could do a little collection to be able to send Shuv and his family some flowers at this sad time for him. As you all know he's a big part of this little family we call clio197.net, and of course agreed with Simon that this was an excellent idea and we'd do our best to help.

Further information later!

Thanks

Thanks guys and thanks to Chris for sorting out the technical details and creating a secret thread. Given all Shuv has done for the site including the infamous group buys I feel it is the least we can do for him and his family.

I will get his address to arrange some flowers for his family and sort out the order and payment. Donations from any members toward this welcome. If you're happy to do so you can PayPal me s_biggs@hotmail.co.uk to contribute toward the pot. Any amount you feel like giving do, there's no minimum or maximum. I'm sure there is a way to create a charitable pot so it's more kosher but you can trust me honest guv :wink: Happy to provide proof of income/spend though if required :smile:

Some questions I have as I'm not good at this. Timing - should we send as soon as possible or wait for the funeral? Is there a better alternative to flowers?

Thanks all!

Simon

Reactions: Pav and Chris
More than happy to help out a fellow member during what is understandably a difficult time

Reactions: Gordini
Thanks guys and thanks to Chris for sorting out the technical details and creating a secret thread. Given all Shuv has done for the site including the infamous group buys I feel it is the least we can do for him and his family.

I will get his address to arrange some flowers for his family and sort out the order and payment. Donations from any members toward this welcome. If you're happy to do so you can PayPal me s_biggs@hotmail.co.uk to contribute toward the pot. Any amount you feel like giving do, there's no minimum or maximum. I'm sure there is a way to create a charitable pot so it's more kosher but you can trust me honest guv :wink: Happy to provide proof of income/spend though if required :smile:

Some questions I have as I'm not good at this. Timing - should we send as soon as possible or wait for the funeral? Is there a better alternative to flowers?

Thanks all!

Simon
Simon sent £15 to Chris sorry

Thank you Simon, great idea and I'm sure we'll have lots of support for this. I think flowers are a great way of showing sympathy/condolences. I think the gesture alone will be enough to be quite overwhelming for Shuv and his family. Depending on the amount that's raised, we could always add something else in as well?

God I love this place.

I'm totally in. Nice one to Chris and the Secret Squirrel Admin Team for sorting this out and nice one to Simon for getting it moving.

Flowers... I've never bought any but given the amount I'm thinking about donating, if just the people in this thread contributed the same, surely there would need to be a HUUUUUGE bunch of flowers to spend the full amount.

So, flowers are a given, but I think there will be a fair bit left over for a few bottles of Tango or something. Even if it's just a little something extra to show a bit of forum solidarity and give Syer a gee up.

Whatever, I'm in.

Flowers for Shuvs nan should really be delivered in time for the funeral IMO

A pick me up for our buddy could be done beforehand?

Just bouncing ideas