Supporting Shuv!

Yes I think some flowers and alcohol for the wake would be good. Wine or spirits. Guess I could buy the alcohol on Tesco and deliver to his address.

@Chris just so you know, I've just opened the site in a private window (ie. not logged in) and I can see this subforum as a guest.

Reactions: Chris
@Chris just so you know, I've just opened the site in a private window (ie. not logged in) and I can see this subforum as a guest.

Thanks Mes, not a lot I can do about that after a bit of looking.. The way the forum is setup :/

Ive moved this forum into site traders, as hopefully it wont be as noticeable in the event he does happen to login as a guest, lets hope he just stays logged in (which I'm sure 99% of us do)

Reactions: ///M
Thanks Mes, not a lot I can do about that after a bit of looking.. The way the forum is setup :/

Ive moved this forum into site traders, as hopefully it wont be as noticeable in the event he does happen to login as a guest, lets hope he just stays logged in (which I'm sure 99% of us do)

Can you do a bulk email to all members? (obviously removing a certain someone!)

If so you could change the thread title to something inconspicuous and include all the details in the email with a link to the thread.

Probably not possible, just thinking out loud.

Its probably possible, id have to look into it.. trouble is shuv reads every thread thats posted on, so dont think it'd help being inconspicuous. If its me and I log into the site (very rarely) on a private browser, I just X out or log in, I dont check anything as a guest.

Could IP ban him for a few days, but think that'd send the wrong message :admin: :relaxed:

Thanks guys and thanks to Chris for sorting out the technical details and creating a secret thread. Given all Shuv has done for the site including the infamous group buys I feel it is the least we can do for him and his family.

I will get his address to arrange some flowers for his family and sort out the order and payment. Donations from any members toward this welcome. If you're happy to do so you can PayPal me s_biggs@hotmail.co.uk to contribute toward the pot. Any amount you feel like giving do, there's no minimum or maximum. I'm sure there is a way to create a charitable pot so it's more kosher but you can trust me honest guv :wink: Happy to provide proof of income/spend though if required :smile:

Some questions I have as I'm not good at this. Timing - should we send as soon as possible or wait for the funeral? Is there a better alternative to flowers?

Thanks all!

Simon
Money sent Simon.

Reactions: Gordini and Chris
Amazing idea, I'm sure he'll be happy to know we're all supporting him!

Sent through some money to you Simon :thumb:

#SupportingShuv :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Gordini