Supercharged RS200 underway :D

No problem with it being where it is.

Our TVR and I think most of them have the cone filter down there. There well protected at every service so water doesn't penetrate them.

Ours used to have a pipercross one which was standard fitment :wink:

having said that, the bmc induction kit for the fiestast was just as close to the floor and the amount of water that sucked up was un-real, :worried:

Id be happy with a genuine real life 220bhp, as said below it would be such an increase over standard genuine bhp it would feel really fast, and hopefully at 220bhp still reliable enough and driveable enough to be used normally (normanly been not snapping your thunmbs from torque steer every time you take off from a set of traffic lights) and you would then have the option of changing engine internals,diff, clutch,etc if you wanted to go really mad

TBH 250bhp is a cracking figure to get to - think about it, thats a 25-30% increase given that standard bhp is less than the 197 quoted. Would transform the car completely, especially with all of the extra torque available!

But if your paying close to £4,000 for a mod you'd want something worthwhile.

On the Corsa VXR 4k would get you quite a lot more than 20bhp!

at 220bhp your actually getting closer to around 35bhp as the 197 only makes around 185bhp.

But you would still be paying £4k to understeer in to a wall, just quicker this time! Lol!

Just watched that vid - WOW! OMG! Freeking awsome! Lol! I'm going to the bank for a loan when this project is finished, anyone want to come with? I wonder how much £4k over 4 years would work out at per month with the interest!?

Tbh i dont mind the practicality of it, i just dont want to wake the neighbours up everytime i wanna go out so hope its quietish a low revs lol.

I just hope they do a package where you can upgrade the internals at the same time if you wish. Then get the maximum performance out of it lol

guys your for getting 1 thing, with this charger the torque figuer should be quiet abit more, so your only gaining 35bhp, but could be gaining lest say up 70 maybe 80ft/lbs of torque more??

and dont forget the corsa vxr engines are built strong in the first place, they r built to run turbo power where as our engines arent, abit of a different so cant really compare

But you would still be paying £4k to understeer in to a wall, just quicker this time! Lol!

HaHa...thats my point...220bhp could be very usuable for someone who uses there clio everyday....

250bhp is pushing the limits of standard parts, so why pay as said 4 grand for it to blow the engine or box or clutch etc in 6 months...

4k would buy ya an old turbo jap car with loads of bhp...

Personaly i like my clio, i just wish like i think most others do, that they were a little faster and in my head 220bhp would do me fine!!:biggrin:

This looks fantastic, you can get about 300BHP out of a supercharged fiesta ST i think. Wonder if the same gains are available on the 197

we had a supercharged fiesta st on a dyno day and it pulled 226bhp,that is 76bhp up on std.
my mate had a jackson charger on his type-r and it dyno'd at 301bhp,it was 215bhp (with a lot of bits) before the charger went on,so it was 86bhp up on std.
so going on that i would say matey with the charger going on should have some fun.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to seeing which gives the better performance and price combination - K tecs turbo which is supposed to be happening sometime soon or this. I am going to wait to see them both before making a decision about buying

HaHa...thats my point...220bhp could be very usuable for someone who uses there clio everyday....

250bhp is pushing the limits of standard parts, so why pay as said 4 grand for it to blow the engine or box or clutch etc in 6 months...

4k would buy ya an old turbo jap car with loads of bhp...

Personaly i like my clio, i just wish like i think most others do, that they were a little faster and in my head 220bhp would do me fine!!:biggrin:

Im the same, a livable 220 would be plenty, nothing silly just more poke and grunt throughout the revs is what im after. I spoke to jamsport about a charger for my R27 and said to them about power, they seem to reckon a stage 1 type conversion would be in the region of 240, give or take. This would also be fine. Id rather stick with the no lag route over turbo myself!!

As yet we havnt got any power figures, we are running the car currently with relitavly low boost so we can get the mapping right then we can start looking at making more power, would be great if they responded as well as the st-150 kits where we get 300bhp on a standard bottom end!

as soon as we have completed a fair few more road miles and a few track days we will start looking at pricing the kit up.

With the supercharger we use (Rotrex) the boost is delivered in a very linear way, so there is no sudden delivery of boost as you would get with some turbo applications, this way there isnt as much stress put upon the engine and gearbox/clutch etc.

We will keep this thread up to date with all the progress we get on the charger kit, so keep checking back!

cheers

if iwas guna go this route i fink i would try and run the filter into my open mouth grill behind the bumper. in place of the old induction pipe.

Yeah I probably wouldnt have the filter located down there but will just have to see whats available nearer the time :smiley: :wiz: :clap: :w00t:

Remember there is the under tray so the only water that can gat to the filter is through the front grill.
The water would have a long way up hill through a hot pipe to reach the engine.

Remember there is the under tray so the only water that can gat to the filter is through the front grill.
The water would have a long way up hill through a hot pipe to reach the engine.