Supercharged RS200 underway :D

This looks fantastic, you can get about 300BHP out of a supercharged fiesta ST i think. Wonder if the same gains are available on the 197

300bhp on standard internals? more chance of pissing over the moon i reckon.

I asked quite a few reputable renault tuning companies ( wont mention names ) about how much power i could reliably use out of my nitrous ( as its a simple case of adjusting a metering jet to get between an extra 25bhp and 300bhp+ ) and i got similar answers from everyone.

250bhp is a reliable limit on std internals with 260bhp at a gamble due to the very high compression ratio of the engine ( so im told ).

TBH 250bhp is a cracking figure to get to - think about it, thats a 25-30% increase given that standard bhp is less than the 197 quoted. Would transform the car completely, especially with all of the extra torque available!

The last time a tuning company tried to get more than 260 bhp from a standard engine with a supercharger it went pop

lol this is true. A young lad in a fiesta ST tried to outrun me a few weeks back. I was amazed at how far i left him behind lol

lmao funny u shud say that mikey cus i had a fiesta ST pull upside me on the m60 and gave him him the nod. next minute wooooosh he was gone. . . . he was definately running a turbo lol

i was devostated lmao . .. . . . not . . . . . cus my car looks betta lmao

only bad thing i can see is is the cone being too close to the floor, its alright in this weather but bring on the winter and see how much water it sucks up

lmao funny u shud say that mikey cus i had a fiesta ST pull upside me on the m60 and gave him him the nod. next minute wooooosh he was gone. . . . he was definately running a turbo lol

Its ok i had the same thing as you tonight. However it was an older version Vauxhall astra.....had to be turbo as it was pulling away from me with ease. I was gutted at first till i followed him into the next town and saw everyone staring at my car and totally overlooking his lol that made me feel much better.

Clio Rs = Sporty and stunning
Older vauxhall astra = cheap family car lol

only bad thing i can see is is the cone being too close to the floor, its alright in this weather but bring on the winter and see how much water it sucks up

Hmmm.....this is a good point....could they mount the air intake somewhere else?

No problem with it being where it is.

Our TVR and I think most of them have the cone filter down there. There well protected at every service so water doesn't penetrate them.

Ours used to have a pipercross one which was standard fitment :wink:

a friend is in the middle of putting a calibra turbo engine in a mk 2 corsa lmao with a 4wd conversion. what a loon

It seems everyone is excited to see if this works or not.

I think if it does Jamsport will have a lot of customers coming their way lol