Supercharged RS200 underway :D

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

as for the boost in a clio have a gander at this: http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/254269/nissan_juke_16_turbo_petrol_review.html

Looks like there is a good chance that the 200 will in fact be the last ''proper'' clio sport. Minus the end of shape special edition that renault will most likely do of course!

This was always gonna happen tho. With all the emissions they have to comply with + the cost to get the na engine to up the power is a lot, and in a newer /possibly bigger car it wont be worth it. My easy power to gain from a turbo.
However this just confirms to me ill be keeping my mk3, i love revvy engines.
Supercharger for me!!!

Interesting, it has dual VVT and a low friction turbo .Should be easy to up the power with a remap.
I wonder what power output it would have in the Clio,250BHP with a LSD would be nice .

Nice one, cheers dude.
Would be very interested in this too.
Can the car be easily returned to standard when selling on?
Anyone have an idea how much this could add to the insurance premium?

yes, as with the st-150 everything is designed to be removed in a matter of hours.

also with the 200, there is no need to cut the bumper is anyway to fit the intercooler.

insurance would easily go up to group 18 prices as its tuned and would easily be running 250hp. will the engine not go pop without forged internals?

insurance would easily go up to group 18 prices as its tuned and would easily be running 250hp. will the engine not go pop without forged internals?

Theoretically the minimum safety margin of modern engines is 1.5
That is supported by 50% more effort.

Sorry if I write bad English.

Cant wait for see the results...

Greetings.

You mean there is a safety factor of ~1.5 but this is there for a reason, it doesn't mean you can put 50% more stress on the components

i was just about to write the same thing ben lol. took the words clean from me head lol

forged internals will stand up to 700 - 800 hp before you need to worry not gunna get that in the clio though am i lol

I cant comment on insurance, however it may be worth contacting some of the fiesta st owners with supercharged cars, there are plenty of them around with owners around 19-20, so i would imagine its still affordable.

With the standard engine going pop, you can make it go pop with bad mapping and too much boost, however everything will be done to have a nice safe reliable car at the end of the conversion.

Having used a Rotrex on my old VW R32 @ 435 bhp these chargers are sweet! The install looks great,

Which rotrex are you using? i have a c30-94 kicking about that i may just hang onto lol! Does it use a self tensioning bracket? guess the boost isnt high enough yet to cause any slippage,

Jase - The water may have to trave up through a warm pipe but its going straght into the charger and will fook it very quickly,

I wonder if you could run the inlet pipe under the front like mine apparently this can also help with torque but i cant remember why,

Rotrex.jpg

PC200777.jpg

PC200776.jpg