Supercharged RS200 underway :D

Yeah that Pete.

Whilst I know the company doing the conversion know them inside and out, Pete's the kind of guy they'd benefit from having onboard from a customer point of view to help push it forward. Very clever chap.

Mike you son of a ****!

Your not alowed to get a 200 before me it was my idea! PM for you!

Im not Pete from the vr6oc btw but was one of the first rotrexed golfs i am on the oc but as supersix,

Pete

Ha ha Pete!!

I'll get the car first, you get to 'charge yours first - deal? We'll discuss terms Sunday. ex VAGs & WAGs club FTW.

Now, aren't we due an update from the OP about how this conversion is going?? I predict it's going to better than they expect, 'tis a good lump this un!!

Problem is you could rebuild the engine with forged internals but that would put a big whack onto the price and as far as im aware even with forged internals the standard compression ratio will mean that the gains will be be limited (other than peace of mind ofcourse) You could use low compression pistons whack up the boost and go for broke but again that makes fueling even more complicated pushing the price up but more importantly creates engine characteristics of an turbo engine with minimal power under mid revs and with a s/c this doesnt always give good results,

IMO from experience s/c v6's sticking with standard compression and using lower boost gives a more fun car as you simply improve the power in every area.

In terms of how well the internals will last as mentioned by the OP alot of it is down to temps and fueling could even look at a water /meth kit which i ran on mine to help with reliability but only time will tell how much the engine can take big respect to the tuners for doing this, It can take many many rolling road and driving / mapping hours to get the fuelling 100% and safe on conversions like this and its great to see a company making sure theyve got it right before trying to sell it unlike in the VAG scene.

Just thought we would pop on to keep in touch, we are still on with the mapping, its not going to be a quick one this.

With other supercharger conversions we have done using the rotrex charger we find that keeping the std compression usually works alot better than dropping it down, with the way the power is delivered its not in a big hit like a turbo car so it puts less stress on components etc.

Looking forward to see the results with this. Wonder how many 200 owners will go for it seing as there only a year old and with warranty and all that. Reckon the 197's a far beter bet for sales.

Looking forward to see the results with this. Wonder how many 200 owners will go for it seing as there only a year old and with warranty and all that. Reckon the 197's a far beter bet for sales.

I agree, but the diferences between the two kits will be minimal, just a soft issue, well is just my opinion...

JAM please... more updates