Suj's Nimbus Clio 197 and E36 328i Trackcar

So I was battling (read: deathbed) manflu, but I wanted to do a few bits on the car.

I attacked the seats first to put the Recaros in, but got thwarted by the under seat amp etc, I will attack them again another time.

I then cleaned out the PCV, but I apparently assembled it wrongly (as it pinged off when I opened it, so I put the plastic small piece in wrong, but thanks to Dystant I think I have sorted that now)....yep it isn't going well lol

But I did manage to put in the mist type washer jets, I will do a bit of write-up:

I bought these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331793460641?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Then I used a dremel with a rotary sanding attachment to file down the part.
Here is how it came delivered:

DSC_1453_zpssxbaybei.jpg

Then this is how much I filed off (you will do a few trips, take a bit off at a time to get a snug fit, take your time).

DSC_1454_zpszoou14lj.jpg

They work spot on, much better at covering the screen to clean better.

The link I put up above comes with a rubber "grommet", remove this when filing down the bit needed to fit, then fit it before you put them on the car, they stop the jet rotating.

Hope this helps a few people.

Reactions: Sean197
I had the same problem putting in Clio 200 leather seats with the factory Cabasse amp under the seat when you slide the seat forward the bar that unlocks the slides hit the back of the amp so I took the drivers bar off the old seat and put in onto the new seats there is a step in it to avoid hitting the amp but I have no idea if it will work on the recaros but the frame should be the same at that level I can see the two rivet points on your pictures of the recaros.

Reactions: suj
I had the same problem putting in Clio 200 leather seats with the factory Cabasse amp under the seat when you slide the seat forward the bar that unlocks the slides hit the back of the amp so I took the drivers bar off the old seat and put in onto the new seats there is a step in it to avoid hitting the amp but I have no idea if it will work on the recaros but the frame should be the same at that level I can see the two rivet points on your pictures of the recaros.

Thanks mate, good shout, I will have a look at the Recaros first, see if it does come off, then I can do a swap, good shout :smile:

you will have to undo the three rail bolts on one side and be careful with the sensor that detects the seat rail is locked. The bar that has the step in it can be flexed to remove but the straighter bar is hard to bend so the three bolts need removed to space it apart to drop the cross bar out of its pivot holes.

you will have to undo the three rail bolts on one side and be careful with the sensor that detects the seat rail is locked. The bar that has the step in it can be flexed to remove but the straighter bar is hard to bend so the three bolts need removed to space it apart to drop the cross bar out of its pivot holes.

Someone in a thread I made has informed me I can drill out the rivets and move the amp box over to the Recaros, I haven't done this yet due to having an operation, but I will hopefully do so next weekend.

Not massive amount to update as i've been busy with work and also had an operation.

I bought some bits from Jake on here (but through the FB group), so I managed to do them yesterday.

So first of all I messed up cleaning my PCV when the spring pinged out and I assembled it wrong, I managed to get it in the correct order, but I just bought a new PCV from Renault (part number is 8200291355 if anyone is interested, it is cheaper from Paul @ RPD but I needed it straight away).

I also cleaned out my throttle body as a preventative maintenance thing (I put a How To guide here)

Pic_06_zpssfwqyipu.jpg

So I bought Renault Mats, a boot tidy and Sprintbooster from Jake (great seller).
My car had rubber front mats but no rears, so these were on my list to do (sorry I didn't take a pic).

Then I fitted the boot tidy, I was after one to organise my stuff, i'm a bit OCD like that, it takes a bit out of the opening to put stuff in, but it's fine really, can always take it out if I need to take bigger things.

Boot_Before_zpsgiw7dlpa.jpg

Boot_Tidy_zpsqrh77juw.jpg

Next I set about fitting the Sprintbooster, I have heard rave things about this, so it was worth a punt.
I like to read before I do stuff to make sure I don't have to stop halfway through a job, I read about you needing to either file down where the Sprintbooster fouls a bracket, or just space out pedal mount points, luckily Jake included the 6 washers (2 per mounting point), it moves it about 5-6mm, so it doesn't affect the pedal at all.

Sprintbooster_01_zpsgt2g925e.jpg

I then chose to feed the cable up the steering column and place above the ESP/CC console.

Sprintbooster_02_zpshoc0gzop.jpg

I only went on a test drive round the block and to work today, but it is night and day difference already! I have had to change my driving, especially when cold (as it exaggerated kangaroo'ing), but first impressions are I love it, i'm shocked how much difference it actually makes!

Also yesterday when leaving work, someone in a black 197 had parked behind my car, I wonder if they are on here? It was pretty standard with standard exhaust also.

Friend_zpsokfmncb0.jpg

Not gonna lie, I did this when I seen the car
giphy.gif

Hope recovery from operation goes well mate, regardless of what it was you should definitely be taking it easy for a bit! :smile:

Where did you get the boot shelf thing from?! I need one!!! :excited:

Great post mate.

Hope your recovery is going well and it's nothing too heavy.

Thanks Mes, it is fine really, was a massive scare but fortunately it has all come back clear, but no heavy lifting (Recaros are not light!) for a while. It is much appreciated mate.

Hope recovery from operation goes well mate, regardless of what it was you should definitely be taking it easy for a bit! :smile:

Where did you get the boot shelf thing from?! I need one!!! :excited:

Thanks mate, yep i'm back and annoying my colleagues (I passionately hate sitting still for more than 1 minute, so 2 weeks was a killer).

I bought it off a member on here (but through CSOC FB page), I missed one last time round, so I snapped his hand off, with Renault mats and the Sprintbooster, i'll have a look for part numbers later if you like, see if that can help you source one?

Love Nimbus. Plans sound good.

Thanks mate, I didn't like it as much, but I really love the Albi Blue R27 I had (it got rear ended), but NG is growing on me a lot more, hopefully with some contrast of darker wheels and some black bits, it should make it look a bit better.

Reactions: Dystant
Ahh, just something to put your feet on the ground. Plenty of us have had those mate. Hope it wasn't too scary but in these instances they often are. Really pleased to hear you've had a thumbs up.

Look after yourself and do the right thing for getting back to full fitness.

Ahh, just something to put your feet on the ground. Plenty of us have had those mate. Hope it wasn't too scary but in these instances they often are. Really pleased to hear you've had a thumbs up.

Look after yourself and do the right thing for getting back to full fitness.

Thanks mate, yep was a shit time, especially with being rear ended at the same time, but I am surrounded by some amazing people, who definitely helped make it better :smile:

Haha don't worry, I have my girlfriend (a Junior Doctor) on my case, so I got no choice really....she can kill me in my sleep in 100 ways, all not detectable....:confused: haha

Thanks mate, yep was a shit time, especially with being rear ended at the same time, but I am surrounded by some amazing people, who definitely helped make it better :smile:

Haha don't worry, I have my girlfriend (a Junior Doctor) on my case, so I got no choice really....she can kill me in my sleep in 100 ways, all not detectable....:confused: haha

HA! At least you're in very good hands mate!

So I finally put the Recaros in the car yesterday.
I wired in the 3.3ohm resistor (which was soldered onto prototype board pins, so I can do it properly), I did that on Wednesday, then fitted Thursday.

Here's an assortment of pics, before, comparisons and after.

DSC_1537_zpsf8vw9qn2.jpg

DSC_1538_zpsqi0s9szi.jpg

DSC_1539_zpsvkbs6n37.jpg

DSC_1540_zpsonrwrbzj.jpg

DSC_1541_zpstscjvtnm.jpg

DSC_1542_zpshmlb2mse.jpg

DSC_1543-01_zpswb38ff2a.jpg

DSC_1544-02_zpsme9bvhls.jpg

FABULOUS ! Going great guns.

Have you had a chance to have a decent drive yet.

Night and day different ?

Haha thanks Pav.

FABULOUS ! Going great guns.

Have you had a chance to have a decent drive yet.

Night and day different ?

I had them in my R27 before it was rear ended (RIP).

They just hug you so much, which gives you confidence in corners, I'm still trying to fine tune my seating position, but up some country lanes going home already so much more supportive.

But I have quite big quads, hamstrings and calves from gym (never miss leg day people), so it's a bit "squashed", but you get used to that.

Reactions: Dystant
Made me laugh earlier today; I have mine as low as they go, but I was messing with the Height and put it as high as they go and my head was touching the roof, I didn't realise they went so high :tearsofjoy: